OK, I just read Tom's Hardware's best SSD recommendations and I am very confused.
From reading several reviews, for SATA III drives it appears that the Vertex 3 and the C4 are the two front runners for the 120 GB size. I have the following questions:
1. Which SSD do you guys think is the best: the Vertex 3 or the C4? The Vertex 3 wins most benchmarks but OCZ has some QC problems
2. I have seen the Vertex 2 120 GB for as low as $165.00 - but I am reading a lot of complaints about the switch to the 25 nand size. Is the Vertex 2 with the new nand size still a good value? Does the 25 nand Vertex 2 compete with the 34 nand Vertex 2?
3. Statistically the Intel SSDs are the most reliable. That being said, should I consider the 510 series?
4. With the Vertex 2 120 GB going for $165, is the Vertex 3 worth $300 in comparison?
5. Which SSD do you think will hold up the best over a three year period? Which one will work best with TRIM and so forth. It appears that the Vertex 3 did not do as well as the C4 in this category but it is hard to tell in the reviews. Please add any knowledge you may have to this issue, especially first-hand experience
6. I know it is a new product but can any Vertex 3 owners comment on how their drive is performing?
Thanks for your help and yes I think I have read every review out there on these drives.
Waiting for Z68 Mobo
Corsair 850 HX PSU
Saving for ATI 6950 GPU
Cooler Master HAF X case
Seagate SATA III HDD or Samsung SATA II drive probably 1-2 TB
Gskill 8GB (2 x 4GB) CAS 9 DDR 1600 RAM (may OC to 1866)
Noctua DH-14 Cooler or Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU cooler