Dead Motherboard

MrWaVeS

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
My Biostar TF7050-M2 just died on me, I'd like to upgrade but I've got a very tight budget. I've got an AMD 5600+ and four, one gig, sticks of DDR2 800 ram. I'd like a board with HDMI output on it. One that can actually put out 1080p without problem. I like my processor and ram but if I can do better I'd be open for suggestions. I want to get something that would keep me open for upgrades in the future. Thanks.

Some of the 790gx chipset boards have built in video and an hdmi port. Newegg has at least 2 brands that use this chipset. I have used asrock, msi, ecs, and biostar. All these brands are low budget; they have worked just as well as some of the more expensive brands such as asus.

MrWaVeS

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
New problem has come up, I also have a Nvidia 8800GTS. Most of the boards on here have the ATI 4200 which I can't Hybrid SLI. Most of the reviews for the 1080p Nvidia based boards are poor...

Question, If I do get a NVidia based board, and use the Hybrid SLI will I be able to use the HDMI output and my 8800GTS at the same time?