myegorov

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Hi

I have Gigabyte EP45-DS3R moterboard with 4GB memory (2x2GB)
The memory is OCZ Reaper 1066, PN: OCZ2RPR10664GK. On the memory dimm i have a sticker which says the next thing:

PC2 8500
Reaper Series
PN: OCZ2RPR10664GK
5-5-5@2.2-v
SN: 007270806008034-2

I want to add another 4GB of memory to my pc, i have read that is recommended to add the same type of memory (The same manufacturer, the same part number etc....)
Now beacause its not my sphere i need you guys to help me with some questions:

1) Is it really necessary that the new memory will be the same as the old one?

2) What the "5-5-5@2.2-v" stands for? I have also saw on the manufacturer's website numbers like "5-5-5-15" and "5-5-5-18" etc. And is this parameter is critical for me choosing the new memory i plan to buy?

3) Because i don't really understand in memory its hard for me to read the output of analyzing software like CPUZ and EVEREST. In the software i see different numbers like "5-7-7-20" and "DDR2 800 (400 MHz)". Is that OK? Are those programs reliable? if you need me to send more infrormation about the output please tell me.

Thank you!
Max

Get some ram that uses the same voltage. The timings can be slightly different, but the voltage must be the same for stability. Then your pc will run at the slower settings. If it doesn't work, send the ram back and pay the 15% restocking fee. Frys in stores only will let you exchange it without the restocking fee. Your pc8500 is slower than the ocz reaper, so your pc will run at the slower speed, if you don't get bluescreens. Don't pay a premium for the reaper, since you won't benefit from the faster speed. Most pc's run just fine with 4 gb of ram.