DESPERATE / i7 Start Up help needed/ PLEASE??

refractoryman

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
mb / ASUS P6t
CPU / i7 920
6gb OCZ Platinum Ram
PSU Antec CP 850
OS Vista Home Premium 64
Video Card HD4890

Have my system built and everything seems ok. Post is good with no errors. Only (1) HDD and DVD connected now. During windows installation I continually get the message "WINDOWS COULD NOT FORMAT A PARTITION ON DISK 0. THE ERROR OCCURRED WHILE PREPARING THE PARTION SELECTED FOR INSTALLATION. ERROR CODE 0x80070057"

I'm sure i need to adjust something in the bios but what??
I did disable the JMICRON Controller and that got me to where I am at now.
What setting do I need in the ASUS P6T Bios to complete this install??

HDD is on SATA 1
DVD/CD on SATA 2

I'm lost at this point. I need your expert advise. / PLEASE??

Thanks in advance.
Newbie trying hard.

joleme

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007

Are you trying to format a partition bigger than 1tb? that could cause an issue. Try formatting a partition of 100gb or something.... Also... if you check the bios, is the hard drive even showing up?

change the port modes in the bios to something else and make sure your using the right sata ports (on the ICH10 controller)

also create a smaller partition under 100gb to try installing on

also you may want to do the "load driver" function and try that too

dblairw

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Refractoryman - Welcome to the wonderful world of Vista.

This Vista error code is typically corrected by updating the BIOS and/or drivers.

Do you have another PC handy? You need to jump out to the ASUS website and snare the latest BIOS update for the P6T motherboard.

Find the BIOS updates section in your P6T mobo manual - typically there are several pages in an ASUS manual covering just this topic.

refractoryman

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Ok, OS is loading now. Problem solved. "4 pin power connecter was not connected to floppy drive" Once I seen that and made the connection it started to install. Something so minut but yet had me fretting. Thansk for the responses. I'm sure I will be back posting.