How much would a complete liquid cooling system cost?

chilypepper

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
My 6970s and i7 2600k are getting a little too hot for air cooling and if 11 fans arent enough, im going the wet way. So if I were to completely change it all to water cooling how much are we talking? And where is a list of required parts

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
$300 at starters. all the way past $1000. it depends on what you want cooled and if your parts are all gonna be contained in your case or not. i have same card and 2500k and im also looking into WC and its not cheap.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
$300 is a decent starting point, however...$1000 is if you went completely off the deep end for most loops. It's possible, but not necessary.

Have you read the stickies? I have them linked in my signature below...there isn't just a 'set of required parts'...it really depends on your own setup and budget.

What temps are you seeing, and how do you have the airflow setup? I feel like 11 fans will keep your system cool enough (maybe not necessarily quiet though).

Be a little more careful than to use the word "all" as one can assume any thing. To do the cpu is cheap and very easy then the two cards will raise your costs greatly when you consider the matching blocks as well what type. This is when all falls in to place as there are blocks even for hard drives as well the chipset(s) on the board as well in very rare occasions even the psu.

One cpu block $30-75
Two gpu blocks $75-125 full cover while universal will be cheaper but you get what you paid for.
Rad $50-100
Pump $30-80
Tubing and coolant $20-50+

Liquid cooling setups are not as economical as they used to be and options have gradually become rather limited compared how they used to be. $300 would be a very nice starting price but that used to be around $200 or less a few years ago.