Huge heatsink blocking air paths?

ajung222

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
So I currently have the beast that is OCZ Vendetta 2 as a heatsink, but have switched from a large case to a mid-size case. Seeing as how the top of the heatsink almost touches the case side, and blocks a good portion of airflow, is the vendetta going to cause overheating issues?

I have the Antec 900, which has a massive 200mm fan on top, but seems like the heatsink is completely blocking it's air path. Perhaps I should get a new, smaller heatsink? Any suggestions for a i5 1156, decently overclockable heatsink?

Solution
No need. The heatsink (given you have fitted fans) will actually promote airflow with the correct fans. You can simply turn the heatsink to let the fans blow toward the top exhaust fan if you'd wish, and that will help a little if the airflow is hampered as well.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
No need. The heatsink (given you have fitted fans) will actually promote airflow with the correct fans. You can simply turn the heatsink to let the fans blow toward the top exhaust fan if you'd wish, and that will help a little if the airflow is hampered as well.

Solution