Water Problem

Hello,

I have problems putting ponds on my lots... When I try to put a pond it
turns bright RED, I have absolutly no idea why, and if the lot, like a Maxis
one already has a pond it's fine....

ANY IDEAS?!?!

Thanx Rhiannon
5 answers Last reply
More about water problem

    This is usually a memory issue related to your video card - what's your
    video card, what memory does it have and what's your system memory? It
    might not be that - I think there are some people who's video cards just
    have issues with the game but, anyway, it's a video problem.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have problems putting ponds on my lots... When I try to put a pond it
    > turns bright RED, I have absolutly no idea why, and if the lot, like a
    Maxis
    > one already has a pond it's fine....
    >
    > ANY IDEAS?!?!
    >
    > Thanx Rhiannon

    But look on the bright side---you could make
    A RIVER OF BLOOD! (insert evile laugh here)

    Laura

    LOL!!! That would work quite well with the vampire in Nightlife!!

    But I don't think it's a video card thing,. because I can see water on the
    maxis lots with it already there... I dunno, oh and my mums computer has a
    worse video card than mine and she can put in water....? i was gonna get
    one of the new GeForce anyways... guess this settles it

    "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > But look on the bright side---you could make
    > A RIVER OF BLOOD! (insert evile laugh here)
    >
    > Laura

    It's not necessarily the power of the card that affects it although that is
    important - some types of card seem to have problems rendering the water
    too. When you say 'it's already there' so you mean that the Maxis lots with
    water are already red? And, if that's the case, why shouldn't it be a video
    card thing? In most cases, the blood ponds go when you get a better video
    card - with more memory - also the red background to your family screens, if
    you get them.

    > LOL!!! That would work quite well with the vampire in Nightlife!!
    >
    > But I don't think it's a video card thing,. because I can see water on the
    > maxis lots with it already there... I dunno, oh and my mums computer has a
    > worse video card than mine and she can put in water....? i was gonna get
    > one of the new GeForce anyways... guess this settles it
    >

    > "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > But look on the bright side---you could make
    > > A RIVER OF BLOOD! (insert evile laugh here)
    > >
    > > Laura

    no i mean the maxis lots the water is normal!
    i'm gonna get a new video card as soon as i save some money anyways! (i game
    too much for a not-so-good one)

    > It's not necessarily the power of the card that affects it although that
    > is
    > important - some types of card seem to have problems rendering the water
    > too. When you say 'it's already there' so you mean that the Maxis lots
    > with
    > water are already red? And, if that's the case, why shouldn't it be a
    > video
    > card thing? In most cases, the blood ponds go when you get a better video
    > card - with more memory - also the red background to your family screens,
    > if
    > you get them.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> LOL!!! That would work quite well with the vampire in Nightlife!!
    >>
    >> But I don't think it's a video card thing,. because I can see water on
    >> the
    >> maxis lots with it already there... I dunno, oh and my mums computer has
    >> worse video card than mine and she can put in water....? i was gonna get
    >> one of the new GeForce anyways... guess this settles it
    >>

    >> "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > But look on the bright side---you could make
    >> > A RIVER OF BLOOD! (insert evile laugh here)
    >> >
    >> > Laura

Sims Games Video Games