How can I get a lower core voltage

Solution

Are you planning on running your system maxed out 24/7? If not, then setting Vcore a little bit over 1.4 won't hurt. 90% of the time Vcore will be much lower than that as long as you have the turbo function enabled.

The other way to lower Vcore and have a stable system is to lower the multiplier on the CPU so that less voltage is required.
So you succesfully raised the voltage but you can't figure out how to lower it??

Unless your running more than 2 high end video cards, there's no reason to overclock the cpu at all, your just shortening it's like, creating extra heat and running up your electric bill.

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
All I did was follow the screen shots in the link.

I am not savvy enough to know how it raised the voltage, but I believe that it may have adjusted it automatically. Hence my asking for someone's quality advice on how to adjust it. Whether there is an auto setting to change or manual setting.

Any help is still appreciated.

homegun

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Are you planning on running your system maxed out 24/7? If not, then setting Vcore a little bit over 1.4 won't hurt. 90% of the time Vcore will be much lower than that as long as you have the turbo function enabled.

The other way to lower Vcore and have a stable system is to lower the multiplier on the CPU so that less voltage is required.

Solution