Solved

How can I get a lower core voltage

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
August 29, 2011 2:36:29 PM

Asus P8P67 WS Revolution
i5 2500k
Xigmatek Gaia sd1283

I followed the steps of another OCer and was able to get to 4.7MHz at 1.408 V using these steps:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=...

All settings from the pics are the same as mine.

My question is: how can I lower the voltage? I don't know if I want to run over 1.4 V 24/7.

Any help is appreciated.

More about : lower core voltage

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
August 29, 2011 3:00:28 PM

So you succesfully raised the voltage but you can't figure out how to lower it??

Unless your running more than 2 high end video cards, there's no reason to overclock the cpu at all, your just shortening it's like, creating extra heat and running up your electric bill.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 29, 2011 3:06:25 PM

All I did was follow the screen shots in the link.

I am not savvy enough to know how it raised the voltage, but I believe that it may have adjusted it automatically. Hence my asking for someone's quality advice on how to adjust it. Whether there is an auto setting to change or manual setting.

Any help is still appreciated.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
August 30, 2011 6:42:29 AM

Answer #1: Adjust the CPU Offset Voltage.

Answer #2: Set the CPU Voltage to manual and enter new voltage.

But which is the better route to take?
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
August 30, 2011 5:06:22 PM

vollman1 said:
Asus P8P67 WS Revolution
i5 2500k
Xigmatek Gaia sd1283

My question is: how can I lower the voltage? I don't know if I want to run over 1.4 V 24/7.

Are you planning on running your system maxed out 24/7? If not, then setting Vcore a little bit over 1.4 won't hurt. 90% of the time Vcore will be much lower than that as long as you have the turbo function enabled.

The other way to lower Vcore and have a stable system is to lower the multiplier on the CPU so that less voltage is required.
a b K Overclocking
August 31, 2011 7:14:55 PM

I think that lowering the multiplier until I can upgrade my cooling may be the best route to take.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 3, 2011 11:51:37 AM

Best answer selected by vollman1.
m
l
!