Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade Asus A8N-SLi Premium Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
January 18, 2010 9:06:00 PM

what would be a good upgrade from my Asus A8N-SLi Premium Motherboard
a b V Motherboard
January 18, 2010 9:37:45 PM

Well, that's a socket 939 board. Any motherboard upgrade will also require you to get a new CPU, and RAM. Do you currently have cards in SLI that you would continue to use? What's you're budget?
m
l
January 19, 2010 4:06:19 AM

I too have been pondering my S939's life span coming to a close. That was such a great socket in it's hayday.

At this point, I have a few things for you, and most will agree...

To upgrade this motherboard your going to need a new processor and memory. So with that in mind, you may as well determine what the difference is between building a whole new computer versus reusing your case, hard drive, and power supply.

For me, I need a new case as well so the difference wasn't much, about $100... May as well build a whole new computer.

Food for thought.
m
l
January 27, 2010 12:42:18 AM

Thanks guys for the advice. I was hoping that I could sneak buy with a replacement board allowing me to keep my cpu, ram and dual graphic cards. Budget is tight right now and the mb died -- the A8N board was hard to find and the one place that had it wanted way too much. I quess maybe my best bet is to stick with this laptop until I have funds to build new. Thanks Again!
m
l
!