Your question

Water block for GTX 580?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
August 29, 2011 9:11:42 PM

please help to choose better water block for gtx 580, may be something from here http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/...cks-Page1.html

thank you

More about : water block gtx 580

a c 176 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 29, 2011 10:14:00 PM

Is this a reference design or a custom designed card. If non reference then you will most likely run into a few issues with compatibility when choosing a compatible block. If a universal block that does not cover the vram and power vrm you must keep the whole card cool either wise it will not last.
m
l
August 29, 2011 10:35:45 PM

nforce4max said:
Is this a reference design or a custom designed card. If non reference then you will most likely run into a few issues with compatibility when choosing a compatible block. If a universal block that does not cover the vram and power vrm you must keep the whole card cool either wise it will not last.

it is a reference card http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=015-P3-158...
m
l
Related resources
a c 483 K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2011 5:23:08 PM

Quote:

Disagree.

I've used universal blocks on 5 generations of cards...using the same blocks. You simply need to use RAMsinks on your vRAM modules and decent airflow inside your case. Unless you are really OC'ing your card hard, this setup will work well....and even then, I'm betting the OC is unstable before the card burns up.
m
l
a c 176 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2011 1:42:06 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Quote:

Disagree.

I've used universal blocks on 5 generations of cards...using the same blocks. You simply need to use RAMsinks on your vRAM modules and decent airflow inside your case. Unless you are really OC'ing your card hard, this setup will work well....and even then, I'm betting the OC is unstable before the card burns up.

I am not talk about the vram but the power vrm on these cards. It take more than small vram coolers to keep the power vrm from degrading unless there is a fan or fans mounted near the rear of the card. The reason why I suggested full cover is to avoid any problems down the road. As for you I know that the first two or three generation cards didn't draw as much power as a gtx 580.
m
l