Will zalman heat sink fit it my system

mobiusrm

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Building new system. Was wondering if ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail will fit in my system. The case and mb are listed below.

Rosewill R105-P BK Black SECC Steel MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Thanks for any info.

-Randy

mobiusrm

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

Its not for looks, that's for sure. I want a heat sink that can allow me to overclock my q6600 GO to 3.0 without cooking it. Right now I got a dell heat sink. I pulled the chip from a dell. I don't have the new system put together yet. I wonder if I can oc without buying a new heatsink. I don't think so but if I can save the trouble of getting a new one I will. If not what do you recommend proximon? Thanks for the help everyone.

-Randy

mobiusrm

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
lol mobiusrm proximon isnt the only one here :D go for CCF

lol sorry to make you feel left out. Anywase, thanks a lot for the great tip. I really like the sound and look of these coolers. I was wondering if you think the 120mm fan one would fit in my small microatx case or if I should go for the 92mm. Thanks again man, these look to be the best for the price.

-Randy

mobiusrm

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
I did some measuring and believe your right. The power supply and mb heatsink are very close to the cpu socket. The mb heatsink is about 48mm from the center of the cpu socket. So it looks like even the 92mm will be a tight fit. Thanks for every ones help I I'm going to order the 92mm unless someone says different by mid day today.

-Randy