GTX 275 - Display issues

spawn3ds

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
hey there i have a gigabyte gtx 275, and ive been having 2 main problems with it. First is that sometimes on startup their is no signal to my HD monitor so i have to keep restarting until it picks up signal, the second is that after playing game and sometimes randomly the resolution is zoomed in and definately not natural lol. Just wondering could it be:

*DVI cable faulty
*Drivers for video card are unstable with my gpu
*Video card is faulty
*Monitor is a failure

if anyone can help me then thanks heaps :)

freezed1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
actually this has something to do with your monitor's resolution, this can be fixed via nvidia control panel, i had a similar problem with my laptop video card; a 8800gts M when i tried to use it with my HD tv through HDMI, i fixed it through the nvidia panel. Also remember you HDTV might not pickup the signal send from your pc, or other components, this used to happen a lot when i use to turn my ps3 on, most of the time the video card will not display any info unless it boots into windows, So no bios info...nothing like that, again that's a resolution problem......btw what HD monitor do you have?

spawn3ds

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

hey ok i've narrowed it down a bit, ive tried a few stable video drivers and it doesnt seem to be the problem, but i am using d-sub connection through analog at the moment and its working perfectly fine.

Could it be the DVI cable? or something else?

The model is samsung 2333sw to answer freezed1's question and also yehh thats exactly wat it does, sometimes in doesnt show bios and then waits for windows to load up and then picks up the signal
thanks heaps for your replies

spawn3ds

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

hey, yehh but does it matter which sort of dvi cable u use? doesnt ur video card support all DVI types?

spawn3ds

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
ok thanks ill try a new dvi cable see if that works theyre pretty cheap anywayz.
thanks for going out of your way to answer my questions :)

spawn3ds

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hey there, i was able to get my new cable, it is picking up the signal! So that solved to loss of signal

but the zooming is still there, so i fiddled with the settings and changed the hz for my monitor which has two settings, on the resolution of 1920 by 1080 which is 60hz and 50hz and on 60hz the screen zooms in, so i changed it to 50hz and it seems okay now.

Any particular reason why this would be happenin?
Thanks heaps

spawn3ds

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
oh i see, well that sounds very swell! thanks heaps for everything, im very pleased that all is in working order again.
THANKYOU