Best Virus Protection for Win7

DrGrass1987

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Just ordered my new i7 build. Equipped with a OCZ Vertex SSD SATA II Drive and crossfire video; wondering after i install my Win7 .iso what Virus Protection Prgm should i get for it? Willing to pay for it.

Well, I am using AVG antivirus. It's a free a/v program and one of the best. You can also upgrade to pro. I have been using avg for at least 8 years, I trust them.

If you go 64bit, you may be limited as to what is available. AVG works in x64.

Havent paid for antivirus in years, im running AVG and Ad Aware both the free versions. AVG hasnt let me down yet so i recommend them, especially since stuff like norton costs $40 a year and AVG works just as well but the cost for the free version is covered by their commercial subscriptions.

G

Here is a link of a review of some recent anti virus software by Tom's. Here they test both free and commercial anti virus software so it should give you a nice selection of information.
Note: The review is 3 months old but is still pretty up to date.

Tom's 2009 Anti-Virus Roundup

havent tried it on win7 but the easiest fit and forget AV is AVAST

Antivir is a slightly stronger package , but lacks too many features in the free version . Things like real time email scanning are important , and it bugs you to update . Very useful second opinion that you turn on every now and again .

AVG , not feature rich and a bit clunky

G

Bit diffender really works its just a bit expensive in my country but in the U.S.A it cheaper