Sign in with
Your question

Good Power supply

Last response: in Components
October 24, 2009 8:57:54 AM

Does Good Branded Power supplies like Thermaltake,Corsair help to increase in PCs performance?If It, Do it have a radical difference

More about : good power supply

a b ) Power supply
October 24, 2009 10:21:29 AM

Not really. A pc uses a certain amount of current based on total load. Better power supplies have the potential of overclocking the processor higher, but there are no guarantees. If you upgrade your power supply, do it for the right reason: increased stability and overload protection in cased you get zapped during a power failure or lightening strike.
a b ) Power supply
October 24, 2009 10:30:18 AM

No...
Good PSU's don't increase systems performance...

They reduce the chances of hardware failure

They also save electricity as they are usually 85% efficient as compared to the generic ones which are only 60%.
Related resources
October 24, 2009 11:31:23 AM

Onim said:
Does Good Branded Power supplies like Thermaltake,Corsair help to increase in PCs performance?If It, Do it have a radical difference

Get a decent powersupply (ignore the wattage). Seriously, a low quality PSU is likely to end up costing far more by destroying itself and other things than you will save as opposed to getting a good one.
a c 144 ) Power supply
October 24, 2009 12:28:37 PM

spuddyt said:
Get a decent power supply

True.
spuddyt said:
... (ignore the wattage).

You need to select an appropriately sized PSU. For a low spec computer, I suggest a Corsair 400CX. For most medium powered systems with a single video card, something like a 500 - 600 watt Corsair or Antec will work nicely. And someone technically savvy enough to build a big system with a bunch of HD's or multiple video cards can select his own. (I recommend Corsair and Antec because those are the two brands that I have the most experience with.
spuddyt said:
Seriously, a low quality PSU is likely to end up costing far more by destroying itself and other things ...

Low quality power supplies frequently fail catastrophically, "catastrophically" being defined as exploding or bursting into flames.
!