Anyone use screen protectors for their cell?

Various sellers on eBay and a few web sites sell clear plastic screen
protectors sized for specific model cell phones (in my case, the Nokia
6230). The after-market faceplates I've bought for other phones were never
very good IMHO, so I thought of trying these plastic screen protectors to
keep the screen from getting scuffed up in my pocket, etc.

Any experiences, good or bad? How about just using a PDA screen protector
cut down to size?

--
Steve Kranz, Homebrewer extraordinaire, banjo player mediocaire
Visit the Midnight Homebrewers' League at

In article <hJ6dnccobYFggr_fRVn-2A@adelphia.com>,
"Steve Kranz" <smkranz@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Various sellers on eBay and a few web sites sell clear plastic screen
> protectors sized for specific model cell phones (in my case, the Nokia
> 6230). The after-market faceplates I've bought for other phones were never
> very good IMHO, so I thought of trying these plastic screen protectors to
> keep the screen from getting scuffed up in my pocket, etc.
>
> Any experiences, good or bad? How about just using a PDA screen protector
> cut down to size?

I've used a Belkin Palm Pilot screen protector for 8 months now on both
a v600 and a T637, and its worked wonderfully. Almost time to put on
new ones. I just took a scissors and cut it down to size.