New Build , How to set memory timings

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Im currently having system lock ups and crashs, and i ran a mem test and theres lots of memory errors, i havnt set the timming and its all on auto.

the ram i have is: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/141930/show_product_overview

the timmings are: Latency Timings CL5 ( 5-5-5-18 )

On my Asus Motherboard (AIM BIOS) the settints are as follows:

Draw Timming Mode: (Options: DCT0 / DCT 1 / BOTH)

CAS (CL)
TRCD
TRP
tRPT
tRAS
TRC
twr
TRRD
TWTR

tRFC 0
tRFC 1
tRFC 2
tRFC 3

Memory Voltage over:

any help be much appriciated :)

Jim937

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
TurkzZ said: Im currently having system lock ups and crashs, and i ran a mem test and theres lots of memory errors, i havnt set the timming and its all on auto.
Hi, :hello:

Memory errors = bad Ram...Go to OCZ and ask for a RMA, explain your problem, they will give you a solution, if it does not work they will give you a RMA. Send it today they will respond tomorrow they are fast! OCZ forum is also great.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/NewTicket.html

This is a copy of the email OCZ sent me for my lock-up/freeze problem, it worked, I'm now Stable :love:

Description: OCZ3P13334GK
-------------------------------------------------------
Please be advised that the status on your trouble ticket has been changed from
Acknowledged to Waiting on Customer with the following comment:
Comment: Hello James,

Try clearing the CMOS and then manually adjusting the memory settings in the BIOS. For this particular kit I recommend using timings of 7-7-7-20, command rate of 2t, and 1.8 volts.

If the problems persist even with these settings try testing each memory stick individually with Memtest. You can download a bootable copy from http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/be_pagegen.php?id=tools

If you find errors with your memory, especially if the errors follow one particular memory stick, your memory is likely faulty and will need replacement with an RMA.

Status changed by: Eric Von Stwolinski

Regards,
ocztechnology@exdesk.com

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
yh ocz customer service is sweet, ill contact them to, problem is i get the timming stuff etc but i havnt a clue how and where to input it lol. This the 1st time iv built a pc and the mobo donest reconize the correct timmings.

Jim937

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Hi, :hello:

Timing is not easy you would need to test a alot of different combinations in order to find the correct one...OCZ thru their experience already have the timing you need. Your Mobo manual will tell you how to clear a CMOS & change the timing, have you been in the BIOS & did you up date your BIOS for your new build ?

You need to give this forum more info about your computer like this:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE
MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX
Mem: OCZ OCZ3P13334GK 4gb kit (2gb x 2) 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 240-pin DDR3
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2
VC: MSI N9800GT-T2D512-OC V2 GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB OEM
DVDROM: Sony Optiarc Black 24X Rewritable Drive - OEM
CASE: Antec 900