Sign in with
Your question

2 computers + 2 wireless keyboards = problem

Last response: in Components
October 24, 2009 3:11:21 PM

I have 2 computers and both have micosoft wireless keyboard and mouse combos on them. The problem I am having is that recently I moved the computers from one room to the other and ended up syncing my keyboard to my wife's computer. Now my keyboard is controlling both computers. I can go into device manager and uninstall the extra keyboard on her computer but when she restarts it just reinstalls it. She has windows xp and it does not give you the option to disable a keyboard. What I am looking for is a way to stop her computer from reinstalling it or a way to disable it.
October 24, 2009 11:05:51 PM

have you tried changing the port the receiver is plugged into?
October 25, 2009 12:17:06 AM

Sync keyboard to one PC while other is switched off, then switch it off and sync other keyboard to the other PC. If it still controls both PC's repeat syncing on one of them while the other is switched off. Every time You do syncing it choose another channel.
Related resources
October 25, 2009 12:33:57 AM

change the radio frequencies on the receivers - forget how to now, but I'm sure you can.
October 25, 2009 8:09:10 AM

I had a similar issue before. A friend and I both had similar wireless Logitech mice. I could move his cursor with my mouse from a few feet away. Kind of strange...
October 25, 2009 8:52:56 AM

do as ainarssems said.
October 31, 2009 1:17:41 PM

ainarssems said:
Sync keyboard to one PC while other is switched off, then switch it off and sync other keyboard to the other PC. If it still controls both PC's repeat syncing on one of them while the other is switched off. Every time You do syncing it choose another channel.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I tried that and it did not help.
November 3, 2009 5:26:32 AM

I already encounter this situation.
Thanks for the nice advice.
!