Sign in with
Your question

Emial gets Stuck

Last response: in Windows 7
September 29, 2011 6:08:12 AM

I have an e-mail w/ video attachments (I'm sure the file must be too big) that is stuck in my outbox. I'm not able to delete it as I get the message: Windows has already begun transmitting this message. It's been there (in the outbox) for 2 weeks! HELP!

More about : emial stuck

a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2011 7:20:35 AM

you should be able to move it to the draft folder and then be able to delete it.
September 29, 2011 8:05:19 AM

The maximum size of an attachment that I have been able to send was 21MB. If it is larger that that I would say it is too big.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2011 2:25:29 PM

actually the maximum size for sending and receiving depends on the mail server setting and can differ per account.
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2011 3:23:22 PM

What e-mail client are you using? You have posted this question in the Windows7 forum but this problem used to be common with Vista mail before service pack one was installed.
September 30, 2011 4:17:31 AM

Hi Emerald; no luck: I can't do ANYTHING w/ it! Rizila: the attachment is 82 MB (it's definitly too large). pjmelect: it's outlook 2007 & I have servicepack1. Thanks everybody; still investigating!
a b 1 Email
a c 288 $ Windows 7
September 30, 2011 5:00:17 PM

Try this.

Export your inbox to another file (create a new PST file). Do the same for your calendar, contacts, etc.. just NOT the outbox. Copy that pst file to a safe location.

Make sure you know what your email setup settings are.

Remove the email account and create a new one. Then import the mail from your backup pst into Outlook under the new email account profile.
!