Sign in with
Your question

Emial gets Stuck

Last response: in Windows 7
September 29, 2011 6:08:12 AM

I have an e-mail w/ video attachments (I'm sure the file must be too big) that is stuck in my outbox. I'm not able to delete it as I get the message: Windows has already begun transmitting this message. It's been there (in the outbox) for 2 weeks! HELP!

More about : emial stuck

a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2011 7:20:35 AM

you should be able to move it to the draft folder and then be able to delete it.
m
l
September 29, 2011 8:05:19 AM

The maximum size of an attachment that I have been able to send was 21MB. If it is larger that that I would say it is too big.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2011 2:25:29 PM

actually the maximum size for sending and receiving depends on the mail server setting and can differ per account.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2011 3:23:22 PM

What e-mail client are you using? You have posted this question in the Windows7 forum but this problem used to be common with Vista mail before service pack one was installed.
m
l
September 30, 2011 4:17:31 AM

Hi Emerald; no luck: I can't do ANYTHING w/ it! Rizila: the attachment is 82 MB (it's definitly too large). pjmelect: it's outlook 2007 & I have servicepack1. Thanks everybody; still investigating!
m
l
a b 1 Email
a c 354 $ Windows 7
September 30, 2011 5:00:17 PM

Try this.

Export your inbox to another file (create a new PST file). Do the same for your calendar, contacts, etc.. just NOT the outbox. Copy that pst file to a safe location.

Make sure you know what your email setup settings are.

Remove the email account and create a new one. Then import the mail from your backup pst into Outlook under the new email account profile.
m
l
!