Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer CD Drawer doesn't open

Last response: in Storage
April 29, 2011 5:13:13 AM

Hello, the CD Rom Drive on my computer won't open. I removed the cables, re-set it, tried to uninstall and reinstall it; nothing happens. I replaced it with another drive and the same thing happened. I was able to open it with the old paper clip trick. Also, it will open and close if there is a CD already in the drive. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : computer drawer open

a c 415 G Storage
April 29, 2011 6:56:16 AM

This happens when you try to push the button on the front of the drive, I presume?

When you removed the cables, did you remove and reseat both ends? And (I know this is probably obvious but I have to ask just to be sure) do you have both the data and the power cables connected?

If all of the above checks out, I'd try swapping to a different set of cables. Since you're having the same problem with more than one drive that's the most likely culprit.
m
l

Best solution

April 29, 2011 6:16:15 PM

I hate when that happens to my dvd drives after a while 2 years more or less, all I can tell you about is this; That drive is half dead. And you will have to keep always a disk inside it so it will open. I would say it is a electricalmechanical problem with the little engine which does the job to open the drive. Once I tried to fix it in one of my drives with not succes. maybe you should buy a new dvd drive. Maybe your other drive is old too and got the same issue.
May 9, 2011 12:53:40 PM

Best answer selected by reman247.
m
l
!