Default browser

July 18, 2004 4:18:42 AM

I installed a browser I thought I might like to use. It seemed so good that
I set it as the default. But after some time, I decided against it.
Uninstalled it.
Now I can't get IE to behave as the default browser (such as when I click on
a link in a newsgroup post, and nothing happens).
Config setting somewhere I've overlooked? Registry hack?
Thanks in advance.

Steve Myers

More about : default browser

Anonymous
July 18, 2004 4:49:30 AM

From IE HELP:

To reset Internet Explorer settings

[[If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet Explorer
and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings may have
changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to their original
defaults, including your home page and search pages, and choice of
default browser, without changing your other browser's settings.

1 On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2 Click the Programs tab.
3 Click the Reset Web Settings button. ]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:CljKc.2398$iK.411@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net,