farmer56

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Hi!i have a gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H new motherboard and it has 3 sata hookups on it and on all 3 it says windows can't continue no hard disk found and i've tryed 3 different hard drives and different sata cables...i work on comps a lot but i can't figure this one out....is there supose to have any jumpers on this motherboard?

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Yes, just try booting up with a hard disk, no DVD or optical. In the Gigabyte BIOS there will be an Integrated Peripherals tab with options to enable or disable the On-Chip SATA mode. It may be disabled at the moment. Can't see that it's anything too major.

farmer56

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

hi this is farmer56 and yes, every time it was only 1 hard drive that i did at a time but one other ansure i gut was about the bios bein set rite, i'm not sure cause i've never hade this problem before, but sumetime when i get back to it, i'll check on system startup and see what it says....if ya know anything else please let me know and thanks so much for ya info bud....Jerry.....

Bhupal Thapa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hey have you looked on bios set up if not while you restart press del or F2 and you will go the bios set up and there may be the setting on hard disk option there you may have choosed disable, this problem comes due to this cause also. you can make me your friend my e-mail id is my_junoon99@yahoo.com

farmer56

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

ya i've tryed all settings but i've read that sata does'nt need jumpers but i still tryed em...thanks bud for tryin ta help...Jerry.....

dsnooks70

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I apologize for not asking this earlier, but when is Windows telling you that it cannot continue? Are you able to get to the Partition Selection window?

Now I apologize yet again, what version of Windows are you trying to install (back to the basics)

farmer56

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
HI! i have windows xp pro....i think 2003 and it'll only copy files from the first part of the disk, then i hit the next and thats when it says that windows can't continue because it can't find a hard disk....man i've done this a 1000 times but this ones gut me...lolol....i'm wonderin if theres supose ta have a jumper set on the motherboard? rite now i'm waitin for a power supply for this other new motherboard i gut, its a biostare, i had ta get the 8 pin power hookup...heres the motherboard link and the power supply link...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3952222&CatId=1533

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?px=AZ&scriteria=BA24834

thanks bud for ya help, they say 2 heads are beter than one....lolol.....

dsnooks70

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
When XP install 1st starts you have a information bar that flashes on the bottom of the screen saying Press F6 to install additional drivers.

You need to install drivers for your storage sub-system, have a look through the posts on this page about creating a custom XP install disc with the addtional drivers already on it ...

https://west-wind.com/Weblog/posts/3523.aspx

I would be willing to bet that Vista or Windows 7 would install without a hitch on this motherboard, XP just needs a little TLC to get it going

farmer56

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
ummm, i know i can buy windows but i don't have that kinda funds so i have pirated windows xp pro SP2 and i never hears tell of bein able ta put drivers on before the windows is installed...lol, but like i said before, i still have a lot ta learn, everybody around here brings there comps ta me and i've never had a problem redoin or doin motherboards....see if you can explane it a little beter for me on how to put drivers in first.....thanks again bud.....Jerry....