Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
it doesnt matter what Fusion Media can do, its wether people use it as a standard to play stuff.

thats what counts at the end of the day.. It could have as many features as a Abrahms Tank but if it dont catch on its not worth it..

Plus there is too many other media players out there for it to compete with.

jennyh

Splendid
None of which are even remotely as good.

That wasn't the question though, the question was about AMD Vision. It's too early to say but I think you will see more on AMD Vision within 6 months than anything you've seen before from AMD. This is a real advantage for AMD over the competition, which basically has nothing at all in terms of graphics, and never will have anything good.

What makes you say that? Many players already use things like ATI Avivo, and I sincerely doubt that anything AMD comes up with will play as many formats as something like VLC. I'm not saying it'll be bad, but it seems somewhat premature to declare something that isn't even released as the ultimate player.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
BadTrip... I didnt ask what it was, i asked how people expect it will do- pure speculation.

I was hoping it would finally get the common people more interested in AMD, instead of just thinking its some generic brand equivalent for CPU's

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Ive come to the conclusion that to some AMD is a religion and they will load anything with AMD on it.

Go for it JennyH if it makes you happy but now your sounding like a fundamentalist.

Ill take Intels and AMD products all with a pinch of salt.

At this rate theyll produce a AMD OS which no one will want either.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

funny, you're starting to sound like a douche.

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Bringing more of a "Apple" approach to PCs.
It's looking better than what I expected to begin with.
Will be interesting to see how it goes for sure.

Could be used as a tool to lure in customers that aren't very PC savvy, stop them buying a Mac hehe

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

So it fits the AMD fans quite well then.

Enough said.

grichardt

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
What do I expext from AMD Vision? I expect to be able to open a program in under half an hour. I bought my wife a Toshiba Satellite with an AMD Vision dual core running at 1.6 ghz. I thought the idea of adding graphic capabilities to the cpu was to speed things up? This is the slowest damned laptop I have ever attempted to use. My wife uses it for watching movies. If I had to use it for anything, it would make a funny looking Frisby as it flew out the back door.

I searched the AMD website trying to find a cpu that I could do a dropin replace to speed things up. No Luck! It seems that I have the best they had to offer.

Stay Far Away from AMD Vision until they fully address this speed problem.

Complaining in a thread 20 months after the last post will not fix issues with your Toshiba Satellite.

But replacing the 5400rpm laptop HDD with an SSD will.

Oh ... and I've got a 1.6GHz E350 that boots Windows in 25 secs and plays anything I throw at it -- with C&Q enabled, and effective CPU speed of less than 400MHz ... if this is what the whole Vision thing is all about, count me in

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Well, first Vision is a platform brand not any software or whatever. Zacate was a 2nd gen Vision platform and is doing very well. Llano is the next released platform with the Vision branding.
If you look it's simplified to Vision Basic, Premium, Ultimate, FX. You probably won't see Bulldozer Basic or Zacate FX.
As far as if it will do well, I'd say it will because it's good for OEMs and good for customers.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

I guess the question is what did you want from it? 1.6GHz isn't bad but yes a slow HDD makes you notice more. It's not made to be a workhorse but a good entry-level machine.
It probably says just Vision. Not Vision Premium or Ultimate.

grichardt

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011

Yes, it just says Vision. I got sucked into the "New Dual Core with onboard GPU and 3 gig of DDR3 for only......." I have tried everything I could think of to speed it up. 8 gig of readyboost helped a little, but not much. The N-350 1.6 dual core sucks. The only cpu that worked slower that I have ever had was a celeron. I'll never buy one of those again either. Past AMDs have worked great and were easy upgrades. Pop out the old, pop in the new. But that no longer seems to be the case. I called Toshiba. They only offered the dreaded reinstall. I have been working on that for 2 days now. I probably could have had it back by now to see if it is any faster, but I have other things to do rather than sit in front of a machine waiting for it to complete the next task.

TRENDING THREADS