Sign in with
Your question

$800 budget gaming build

Last response: in Systems
July 27, 2009 5:23:29 PM

Hey I'm new here and I decided that I'd jump on the "build it yourself" bandwagon as it seems to be a good money saver, plus I'm just really interested to try it out :) 
I've been on newegg.ca and while I know the basics, I'm not really sure about compatibility issues, bottlenecking, that kind of stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: I'm going to buy the parts as I get the money (damn min. wage lol) so it'll be over the course of say 2 months or something
BUDGET RANGE: Can$700-900 (If it's easier to just give me the american prices/links I can always convert it myself, whatever works)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: mostly just game and net browse

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: PSU (I bought a coolermaster 500w because it was on sale at ncix.com, if thats not enough for what you're recommending just tell me; keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor, optical drives (I'm just going to take them out of this comp I'm typing on, they work fine for me)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.ca/com and ncix.com (though I would prefer ncix as I can just walk down there and pick it up myself)

PARTS PREFERENCES: I've been more of an intel fan, but as this is my first build, I'm open, I think its more just random biased opinions that make me think that rather than personal experience lol.

OVERCLOCKING: No thanks, think I'll deal with just building my own before I get into OC'ing :) 

MONITOR RESOLUTION: I have a monitor atm and it works fine

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I don't need anything fancy, just something that will run current games well and for a bit down the road.

Thanks in advance everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!