Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GTS250 Drivers Not supported by XP?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 16, 2009 11:40:48 PM

Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for the help. I am a noobie that knows very little about hard ware\software sooo please hang with me.

I recently bought a motherboard (Foxconn P45 Digitalife), I also bought a video card which is the GeForce GTS 250 2D512. I have a power supply of 750W so that is no problem. I installed windows XP as my OS since I had it from a while back. I have tried downloading drivers from Nvidia\MSI sites and I still get errors. I updated windows and I installed motherboard drivers, but every time I try to install drivers for my video card I get sent to a black screen and I'm forced to restart.

I installed the drivers in safe mode and successfully got them installed but when I logged back in after restarting my PC froze while loading XP. This happens all the time it seems like XP does not support this video card even though the box says its XP compatible, the installer even says (XP Nvidia Display drivers) So i know it's compatible.

Is there any other way to get my video card's drivers installed so I can play wow?

EDIT:The only drivers that don't make my PC crash is the 190.38 one but they still dont let me keep my drivers. I tried 190.56Beta but they dont work they make me crash...

Is there something I must do before attempting to do anything? It's a new motherboard,video card and power supply but its all compatible.

Once again thank you for your help.
I will update my post if I feel like I missed something.
August 17, 2009 1:09:20 AM

There are a couple of things you can try.

First go in and remove any drivers that you may have installed, and run a drivercleaner/driversweeper program to make sure.

Then I would go into device manager, right click on your video card and hit properties. Go to the drivers tab, hit update driver and browse for it through there instead of using a setup file.
Score
August 18, 2009 12:50:55 AM

Ok I tried alot of things sorry for taking long in update. I have the same problems as this person in the nvidia forums
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=102881

I think that there might be something wrong with my drive since I have 3 partitions.
I accidentally tried to install XP on the first partition but something was wrong I kept getting errors when trying to set up XP.
I do not know how to make my hard disk into just 1 partition so I can eliminate that as a problem any help would be appreciated.
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2010 4:09:09 PM

Have you found out what the problem was? Have same problem O_o
Score
!