bennyy007

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Hello,

Pretty straight forward I decided to upgrade my RAM from 2GB to 4GB (matched pairs) running at same speed as my previous stick also same type, although different brand all together. I have tried doing a CMOS clear to see if it will help or not and no it didn't, it has done this quite a few times with the previous stick :S not only that it could be something to do with "DQS Training" ?

One thing I shall meantioned is that the Hard Drive is doing some activity although blank screen, so I'm pretty confused on to what is causing it to behave like this. So if anyone could shine a light on a possible fix or solution then go ahead I'll much appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance,
benny

Solution
The new ram may have slightly different timings, or different voltage. Use your old ram to adjust your timings and voltage if needed for the new ram; also change the "memory mapping" setting if it is an option. Then install the new ram and try again.
The new ram may have slightly different timings, or different voltage. Use your old ram to adjust your timings and voltage if needed for the new ram; also change the "memory mapping" setting if it is an option. Then install the new ram and try again.

Solution

bennyy007

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Hello o1die,

Thanks for your reply, I'am not really too sure on the voltage or timmings for the new ram. It's made by PQI my previous ram on its voltage was 1.88v so i'm assuming the new ram must have different voltage and it's PC2-6400... I'm just about swap back to the old ram stick and get into the bios (hopefully).