Sign in with
Your question

How to find lost partitioned discs

Last response: in Windows XP
January 4, 2012 2:56:23 PM

How do I locate a lost partioned disc. I would appreciate any help that is out there thank you.
January 5, 2012 2:26:15 AM

maverick4711 said:
How do I locate a lost partioned disc. I would appreciate any help that is out there thank you.

Can you be more specific ?
m
l
January 5, 2012 2:46:47 AM

ksiemb said:
Can you be more specific ?

hello there and ty for your quick response. All that i can add to your question, is that i have lost a hard drive. It no longer appears in my computer. Originally I had an 80gb hard drive as my C drive. I had another 80gb partitioned into F drive and G drive. I had another 40 gb hard drive as my H drive. That drive has disappeared for some unknown reason from my list of shown computer drives. I was wondering if there was some way of making it reappear again. ty in anticipation.
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2012 7:13:19 AM

maverick4711 said:
hello there and ty for your quick response. All that i can add to your question, is that i have lost a hard drive. It no longer appears in my computer. Originally I had an 80gb hard drive as my C drive. I had another 80gb partitioned into F drive and G drive. I had another 40 gb hard drive as my H drive. That drive has disappeared for some unknown reason from my list of shown computer drives. I was wondering if there was some way of making it reappear again. ty in anticipation.

Thanks for clarification.
Your H dirve is a USB External ?

Did it disappear from my computer, and also Disk Management ?

(Right Click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management)
If shown, valid drive letter, patrition, healthy etc ?

Any errors in event viewer that may be related ?
m
l
January 5, 2012 7:34:12 AM

hello there, once again ty for your quick response. This hard drive H of mine is not an external hard drive. It is part of my PC. I folllowed the steps you gave me to follow. The internal hard drive H did not appear in disk management. It's still in my computer,but it doesnt show up on my computer at all. It has completely disappeared from my Computer and Disc Management. I hope you can help us to find it. it has very important inforation on it.
m
l
January 5, 2012 8:05:14 AM

maverick4711 said:
hello there, once again ty for your quick response. This hard drive H of mine is not an external hard drive. It is part of my PC. I folllowed the steps you gave me to follow. The internal hard drive H did not appear in disk management. It's still in my computer,but it doesnt show up on my computer at all. It has completely disappeared from my Computer and Disc Management. I hope you can help us to find it. it has very important inforation on it.

And, no errors in the event viewer also ?

Do you have a recent restore point date, of when the Drive did appear correctly ? You said disappeared so it must have been ok previously.

Check power and data cable connections are secure ?
Enter setup on boot (F2) & check hard drives ?

Edited: All IDE drives, all Sata Drives ?
m
l
February 1, 2012 4:49:12 PM

Quote:
Hi..Maverick
You can restore partitioned disks by using Win 7 partition recovery software. This software is helpful to recover partition from all versions of Windows operating system. Now you can download trial version of this software.

But of course, the trial version just shows what it could recover, then you must Pay before you can recover anything, close to $100 USD !
m
l
February 1, 2012 5:00:33 PM

maverick4711 said:

Here are a couple of Partition Recovery APPS you might try:

http://findandmount.com/

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
m
l
!