How to find lost partitioned discs

How do I locate a lost partioned disc. I would appreciate any help that is out there thank you.
7 answers Last reply
More about find lost partitioned discs
  1. maverick4711 said:
    How do I locate a lost partioned disc. I would appreciate any help that is out there thank you.

Can you be more specific ?
  2. ksiemb said:
    Can you be more specific ?

hello there and ty for your quick response. All that i can add to your question, is that i have lost a hard drive. It no longer appears in my computer. Originally I had an 80gb hard drive as my C drive. I had another 80gb partitioned into F drive and G drive. I had another 40 gb hard drive as my H drive. That drive has disappeared for some unknown reason from my list of shown computer drives. I was wondering if there was some way of making it reappear again. ty in anticipation.
  3. maverick4711 said:
    hello there and ty for your quick response. All that i can add to your question, is that i have lost a hard drive. It no longer appears in my computer. Originally I had an 80gb hard drive as my C drive. I had another 80gb partitioned into F drive and G drive. I had another 40 gb hard drive as my H drive. That drive has disappeared for some unknown reason from my list of shown computer drives. I was wondering if there was some way of making it reappear again. ty in anticipation.

Thanks for clarification.
    Your H dirve is a USB External ?

Did it disappear from my computer, and also Disk Management ?

(Right Click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management)
    If shown, valid drive letter, patrition, healthy etc ?

Any errors in event viewer that may be related ?
  4. hello there, once again ty for your quick response. This hard drive H of mine is not an external hard drive. It is part of my PC. I folllowed the steps you gave me to follow. The internal hard drive H did not appear in disk management. It's still in my computer,but it doesnt show up on my computer at all. It has completely disappeared from my Computer and Disc Management. I hope you can help us to find it. it has very important inforation on it.
  5. maverick4711 said:
    hello there, once again ty for your quick response. This hard drive H of mine is not an external hard drive. It is part of my PC. I folllowed the steps you gave me to follow. The internal hard drive H did not appear in disk management. It's still in my computer,but it doesnt show up on my computer at all. It has completely disappeared from my Computer and Disc Management. I hope you can help us to find it. it has very important inforation on it.

And, no errors in the event viewer also ?

Do you have a recent restore point date, of when the Drive did appear correctly ? You said disappeared so it must have been ok previously.

Check power and data cable connections are secure ?
    Enter setup on boot (F2) & check hard drives ?

Edited: All IDE drives, all Sata Drives ?
  6. Quote:
    Hi..Maverick
    You can restore partitioned disks by using Win 7 partition recovery software. This software is helpful to recover partition from all versions of Windows operating system. Now you can http://www.****/remo-recover-windows.exe trial version of this software.

But of course, the trial version just shows what it could recover, then you must Pay before you can recover anything, close to $100 USD !
  7. maverick4711 said:
    hello there, once again ty for your quick response. This hard drive H of mine is not an external hard drive. It is part of my PC. I folllowed the steps you gave me to follow. The internal hard drive H did not appear in disk management. It's still in my computer,but it doesnt show up on my computer at all. It has completely disappeared from my Computer and Disc Management. I hope you can help us to find it. it has very important inforation on it.

Here are a couple of Partition Recovery APPS you might try:

http://findandmount.com/

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP