Sign in with
Your question

Problems with SSD and HDD Upgrade

Last response: in Storage
April 30, 2011 10:16:02 AM

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my computer, as well as buying a new SSD.

I'm pretty nooby with SSD and using more than 1 Harddrive, but I figured I'd have no serious problems.

I did a fresh install of windows 7 on the SSD and now boot from that, I have any files in regards to windows 7 off the HDD (mainly because I don't know how to, if you have any good ways to do that, let me know).

I upgraded to a Gigabyte motherboard, which uses Realtek HD audio drivers.

I have two problems, the first of which is that my Razer Megalodon headphones will not play any sound. I can use them as a mic, the computer recognises them, but simply refuses to play sound through them. I have tried everything I can think of (uninstalling realtek HD audio drivers, Reinstalling firmware and drivers of headphones, disabling all but the headphones in Control Panel / Sound, ect ect.) but nothing seems to work.

The other problem I have is that all my music on my old HDD (Now E:\) will not play at all.

I have a feeling it has something to do with my Soundcard in the new motherboard (Gigabyte P67 UD4).

TL:D R, is there any fixes for using USB headphones with Realtek HD and while running two harddrives, one SSD and one HDD, is there any reason why my music won't play from the HDD (I boot from the SSD)

Please help, it's driving me nuts, and the SSD really isn't worth the hassle.
April 30, 2011 10:51:08 AM

The Itunes problem is solved, you can delete if you like or mark solved, Although I still havnt figured out what the problem is with Realtek HD and the Razer headphones, but thats not a storage problem.
m
l
!