Core i7 920 the new c2q q6600?

It seems to me that the core i7 920 is similar in terms of popularity and overclocking and comparable to the q6600 when it first came out 3years ago. AM I right or is it still too early to compare and I should wait for more core i7 variants to come out...

I am still waiting to upgrade and if I do next year around march-june, should I still get a core i7 920??
4 answers Last reply
More about core q6600
  1. I'd say so yes. The i7 920 is fast at stock - as per q6600, and is a mighty overclocker - again as per q6600. I owned a q6600 and have a i7 920 now and they're both great chips.
  2. actually the i7 is bout 20% faster per clock then core 2's
  3. I'm saying if you're planning to wait consider other options in core i7 series because i think the prices will drop due to the competition with AMD specialy if you waited tell june
  4. dia-j said:
    I'm saying if you're planning to wait consider other options in core i7 series because i think the prices will drop due to the competition with AMD specialy if you waited tell june

Thanks, I wasnt going to get the q6600 as they are already phased out but I was just asking if corei7 902's are as popular, highly touted, and well overclockable as the c2q6600. I was asking when I build my next PC which will be next year should I still buy a core i7 920 or wait for an even better version to come out. Because from what I know the q6600 was highly popular and even though there were better c2q's out there, ppl were still buying and overclocking older q6600 3 years ago.

I am gong to change my system as I will need another PC next year so I can still use my old system.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Intel i7