Sign in with
Your question

Building microATX Hackintosh with ~$700 budget

Last response: in Systems
July 28, 2009 1:28:11 AM

I am looking to see what a microATX $700 hackintosh build would look like (excluding display, keyboard + mouse, etc.), and although I understand the real challenge is finding the motherboard, graphics, and CPU, I also intend to, through boot camp or otherwise, do some light gaming (Specific titles include COD4, Aion, Oblivion, and the like, not exactly demanding games).

You are probably wondering why I want OSX for a machine that I intend to game on, and the simple answer is that I REALLY prefer OSX over Vista and Win 7 (I have the RC on my MBP, but for the most part I rarely use it).

I have a Vista and Leopard disk alike, so the OS isn't something I need to buy.

Also, I expect to OC the CPU and possibly the graphics, albeit not by much due to the cramped case; I would expect to buy parts within a month, at most.

I will make and post a build of my own soon, but if there are any recommendations on parts or builds, please post! Questions too! Thanks.
August 11, 2009 4:27:39 AM

Try to get the parts they use on the iMac (Core 2 Duo processor, NVIDIA GPU, etc.). Do share the results of your twisted experiment! :) 
m
l
August 11, 2009 10:11:40 AM

You need to go to one of the hackintosh web sites to find out what components are OSX friendly.
m
l
August 11, 2009 10:18:59 AM

there must be a list of hardware supported by the OSX drivers somewhere .

Why not dual boot btw.
m
l
!