Sign in with
Your question

System failed to boot up p4c800-E

Last response: in Motherboards
January 20, 2010 4:43:22 PM

Hello,

I have a P4C800-E MOBO that has been working well for me since 2006 when I built the system. I was out of town for a week and may have left the PC on while I was gone. When I attempted to boot the system on my return I got the vocal POST message "system failed to boot up."

None of the ususal POST messages appeared on screen to attempt to work through BIOS settings or adjust the RAID configurations on my PC. The only reaction from the PC was the system board light illuminating the PC fan spinning and the System Failed to boot message.

My assumption is my MOBO has booted for the last time and needs replaced.
1) How do I confirm this is a MOBO issue? Can a VGA card (or other component) shut the BIOS POST process and give a "system failed to boot" message.
2)is there anyway to repair the existing MOBO?

As I am not booting past the Bios, I don't think it matters that I am running Windows SP3 and have four hard drives configured into two raid volumes. The peripherals and configurations should not effect this issue.

I have removed the battery from the system board, and removed the power, hoping to restore the factory default settings on the MOBO bios and boot the system. This resulted in no change to the problem set.

Thanks,
KLS
January 20, 2010 5:09:59 PM

To add to the troubleshooting:
I pulled the VGA card and now have a "system failed VGA test" message in lieu of the "System Failed to boot."

Now I need to figure out if the card is bad of the MOBO. Thoughts?
!