How Open a VAIO PCG-NVR23?

I need to replace the cooling fan on a Sony VAIO laptop, model
PCG-NVR23. But so far no luck getting the case off. None of the online
diagrams I've been able to find work on this particular model...
anyone?

Thnanks,
Jay
3 answers Last reply
More about open vaio nvr23

    Any luck?? I need to replave a faulty DvD drive and also can't get
    the case open. I have removed all of the visible screws on the
    bottom, in the drive bay, and in the battery bay. It looks like you
    may need to remove the LCD monitor to get to a few additional screws
    - ???

    "Carm" <lcarmack@cox-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Any luck?? I need to replave a faulty DvD drive and also can't get
    > the case open. I have removed all of the visible screws on the
    > bottom, in the drive bay, and in the battery bay. It looks like you
    > may need to remove the LCD monitor to get to a few additional screws
    > - ???

    I found some info with a google search a few days back. Disassembly appeared
    fairly involved.

    Sony provided absolutely no assistance.

    someone2

    Underneth the lcd with the laptop open is a plastic panel that has no
    visible cips or screws. The plastic panel is the same one with the
    power button. With a small flat head screwdriver you can pull up the
    plastic panel which will reveal one screw to remove the laptop
    keyboard. once the keyboard is pulled, a metal grill plate will
    cover the inside of the laptop, motherboard, cpu, optical drive, etc.
    There are like 6 screws total to pull this plate off. Remove it and
    you can get to pretty much anything inside. Note that with minor
    differences almost all sony vaio laptops are assembled in a simmilar
    fassion. The only real difference as to howto get into them is some
    have a screw on the left side to remove that initial plastic panel.
    Good luck, its alot easier than it may appear.

Laptops VAIO Sony Vaio