Need help with the over voltage on my M3N78-VM MB

greg7683

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I have a M3N78-VM and I have 2gig of 1066 Crucial Ballistix. I set the MHz to 533 for the 1066 and the CAS to 5,5,5,15 how do I know if the memory voltage is running at 2.0V or 2.1V. Because it dosn't say it in the bios and I tried CPUZ and looked under the memory tab but I didn't see any V for the memory.

I read on the asus forum that setting it to 300mv had helped another guy that had crossair doninator 1066 memory get a 2.1V setting.

Dose anyone know if that is true if I set mine to 300mv will I get a 2.1V for my memory and is their a program that will telll me what the voltage is running for my memory

Solution
The ram voltage should be listed in the bios under "hardware monitor" or possibly in another section titled "advanced chipset settings" etc. Just press the "del" key while posting to enter the bios. And be careful not to experiment with too many settings, or your system won't post. Then you'll have to reset the bios by removing the motherboard battery with the system off.
The ram voltage should be listed in the bios under "hardware monitor" or possibly in another section titled "advanced chipset settings" etc. Just press the "del" key while posting to enter the bios. And be careful not to experiment with too many settings, or your system won't post. Then you'll have to reset the bios by removing the motherboard battery with the system off.

Solution

greg7683

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

I checked the hardware monitor and didn't see the memory Voltage so in a couple of hours when I go to lunch I will check advanced chipset settings and see if it will tell me. What my memory is running at thanks.