Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bought ddr3 ram with xmp speeds for my amd llano laptop

Last response: in Overclocking
September 4, 2011 9:12:28 PM

Hello, I made the mistake of buying ddr3 laptop dimms that have xmp speeds for my amd llano laptop. When I plug them in cpuz shows there default speed of 1333 999 instead of the label xmp speed 1600 777. Since I can't adjust the base clock, multiplier, or latencies in the bios, is there overclocking software for my llano laptop to adjust them?

Best solution

a b } Memory
a b D Laptop
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
September 5, 2011 4:59:00 AM

Xmp is an intel thing but I think you know that it's just what the ram is rated at. And as far as I know there is nothing to OC a locked laptop for llano as it's still pretty new.
September 5, 2011 5:53:00 AM

There is k10stat for llano systems. It gives you access to voltage and cpu multipliers but not the base clock. I am currently using that right now.
m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
September 5, 2011 6:35:38 AM

If you can't adjust in BIOS then you'd need RAM that has the SPD programmed for 1600 Mhz. though in reality I doubt you'd see much performance difference over 1333 Mhz.
m
l
September 5, 2011 8:10:14 AM

beenthere said:
If you can't adjust in BIOS then you'd need RAM that has the SPD programmed for 1600 Mhz. though in reality I doubt you'd see much performance difference over 1333 Mhz.

llano's apu's scale well on the gpu side atleast with an increase in ram frequencies. According to benchmarks I can get up to a 20% boost
m
l
September 12, 2011 1:10:48 AM

Best answer selected by phyrexiancure.
m
l
!