Can I install a Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H Motherboard into a RaidMax Hurricane Cas

Eric Thomas

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
My wife bought just bought me a Raidmax Hurricane ATX-248WB-RT case and a Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H Motherboard. But the I/O ports will only line up with the case opening if the offset screws are NOT installed. Does this mean the Hurricane case will not work for this motherboard?

Eric Thomas

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
I took the original I/O shield out of the Raidmax Hurricane Case. Installed the new I/O shield from Gigabyte. I then placed the motherboard into the case as a test to see how much room I had with the my power supply and secondary fan. I was surprised when I noticed that WITHOUT any off-sets installed the motherboard I/O ports lined up perfectly with the new I/O shield. At first I thought "Great!", but once I started to pull out the MB it dawned on me that I something wasn't right because I didn't have any of the off-sets in yet. So I screwed in the off-sets, placed the MB back into the case and saw that now the MB was not flush with the shield. In fact the off-sets raised the MB enough that about 30% of my I/O ports are now blocked not by the shield but by the actual frame of the case.

Now I looked on Raidmax's website and the Hurricane Case is listed as an ATX case. So I am not sure if the Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H simply won't play with Hurricane Case or if I am completly overlooking something.

cmichael138

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Wow....that is weird. I can think of no reason why that MB should not worl in that case. Did you install the shield to the inside of the case? (no offense). I checked some standoffs that I have as spares and they sre 1 mm from tip to tip (6/16 of an inch). Are yours the same length?