Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 initial OS load time?

fshurley

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
How long does the initial "loading operating system" last. Built computer from scratch and first thing it says is "loading operating system_ _ _" It seems that it is taking rather long time to complete but I don't know after almost 30 minutes at this point. Thank you for any help.

Upendra09

Distinguished
go to the BIOS and set the boot order to HDD first, Optical drive Second andwhatever else you have will be third and so on

as for the reason why it takes 30 minutes i don't know

also try this, go to control panel and disable certain programs from running at start up

bambino33

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
I have this issue too. Not the guy in the initial post like 30 minutes. The board is taking 15-16 seconds to reach the operating system boot. From there it only takes 4-5 seconds for operating system to boot. I removed the gigabyte boot screen, so it goes straight to post, afterwards it goes to sata discovery, it will state no device found, then right after that the operating system will boot. Previously I had a Asus M3A, the boot was no where near as long in the motherboard board. Basically is this normal? If so can tweaks be made to bios to speed up process> If not I plan to return this board. It makes absolutely no sense to buy a ssd drive, then have it held up by a motherboard.