ASUS P8P67 Pro HDD problem

LazyTriangle

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hello,

I'm having problems with my newly built PC, I am using an Vertex 2 SSD as a boot drive and two Samsung Spinpoint F3 for storage however I can't access the HDD's from the OS(Win 7) when I go into the UEFI Bios I can see that it recognizes both drives and I can also see them on the device manager on the OS but when I click on it nothing happens, do I need to format them or install them what should I do. I've been at it the entire day and I can't figure it out

ASUS P8P67 Pro
Intel Core i5-2500K
Gskill 8GB RAM 1600

Solution
if they are new drives then yes they must be formatted first... right click computer and goto manage then go to the disk management portion (in win7 its under storage) and you should see the drives in there but they wont be assigned letters. right click on them and make a new partition and do a quick format. you should be good from there.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
if they are new drives then yes they must be formatted first... right click computer and goto manage then go to the disk management portion (in win7 its under storage) and you should see the drives in there but they wont be assigned letters. right click on them and make a new partition and do a quick format. you should be good from there.

Solution

jive

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2007

Hi,
If you can boot to windows 7 from your SSD and be able to used the device manager in the OS , that's mean your os in on the SSD and it's already format. For the other one if there news HD you have to format it. I think by a right click in device manager you have to option to format your spinpoint.

Regards Jacques