Sign in with
Your question

I want to use my laptop in my bedroom but the signal from the router in the fron

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Routers
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 23, 2010 8:39:05 AM

Hello
I am a total pleb as far as computers are concerned, so I apologize now! We have to have satellite broadband which involves a contraption in one room of the house, we then have a wireless router in the front room. I would also like to be able to use my laptop in my bedroom but the signal is very week. Is there any way I can put a router in my bedroom even though there is only one cable from the satellite contraption, and that goes to the router in the lounge. I hope that makes some sense.
Sandy xxx

More about : laptop bedroom signal router fron

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 23, 2010 10:13:32 AM

You could try a wireless repeater.
January 24, 2010 9:31:30 PM

Hi Sandy,
Grumpy's suggestion is probably the simplest, though if you feel adventurous, there may be a less expensive solution. People are making their own "directional antennas" out of inexpensive wireless USB "dongles" and metal strainers. Directional antennas tend to focus the radio-waves and extend WiFi range... There's tons on the web. For instance:
http://www.goodoldrvs.com/forum/topics/2093474:Topic:20...

Cheers!

sandypoole said:
Hello
I am a total pleb as far as computers are concerned, so I apologize now! We have to have satellite broadband which involves a contraption in one room of the house, we then have a wireless router in the front room. I would also like to be able to use my laptop in my bedroom but the signal is very week. Is there any way I can put a router in my bedroom even though there is only one cable from the satellite contraption, and that goes to the router in the lounge. I hope that makes some sense.
Sandy xxx

Related resources
!