I want to use my laptop in my bedroom but the signal from the router in the fron

Hello
I am a total pleb as far as computers are concerned, so I apologize now! We have to have satellite broadband which involves a contraption in one room of the house, we then have a wireless router in the front room. I would also like to be able to use my laptop in my bedroom but the signal is very week. Is there any way I can put a router in my bedroom even though there is only one cable from the satellite contraption, and that goes to the router in the lounge. I hope that makes some sense.
Sandy xxx
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop bedroom signal router fron
  1. You could try a wireless repeater.
  2. Hi Sandy,
    Grumpy's suggestion is probably the simplest, though if you feel adventurous, there may be a less expensive solution. People are making their own "directional antennas" out of inexpensive wireless USB "dongles" and metal strainers. Directional antennas tend to focus the radio-waves and extend WiFi range... There's tons on the web. For instance:
    http://www.goodoldrvs.com/forum/topics/2093474:Topic:2087

Cheers!

sandypoole said:
    Hello
    I am a total pleb as far as computers are concerned, so I apologize now! We have to have satellite broadband which involves a contraption in one room of the house, we then have a wireless router in the front room. I would also like to be able to use my laptop in my bedroom but the signal is very week. Is there any way I can put a router in my bedroom even though there is only one cable from the satellite contraption, and that goes to the router in the lounge. I hope that makes some sense.
    Sandy xxx
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Routers Wireless Networking