Sign in with
Your question

Whats wrong with AMD Auto Clock

Last response: in Overclocking
September 5, 2011 9:32:51 AM

Hello,
People on forums say it's awful, and you should use the BIOS. But it works well for me! My CPU has gone from 3200MHz, to 3600MHz, on the stock cooler. Which is better then I thought..!!

SO WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT THE AUTO CLOCK FUNCTION?!

and could anyone point me towards some BIOS Overclocking..? Thanks :D 

MrDeanie

More about : whats wrong amd auto clock

a b À AMD
a c 242 K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 6:35:03 AM

not sure what do you need ... some idea find guide suitable with your system
September 17, 2011 8:07:40 PM

All auto-overclocking programs are bad. OCing using the OS offers unstable OCing (high voltage is also a danger). The BIOS allows for solid overclocking (the BIOS is the root of OCing) and isn't too difficult (you can find a stable OC setting on Tom's or online). Chances are, your OC isn't stable. Run programs like Prime95 that really push your CPU.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
September 20, 2011 11:08:47 AM

before you run Prime95, you should install CoreTemp. You must register/monitor your cpu temps while running Prime95. They should never go over 62c under full load (100% processor/cpu usage). This is very important as you can fry your cpu, and possibly your mobo. Also, like Abdullahg said, auto-overclocking programs run higher volage for "stability", but in reality, it puts your cpu at higher risk for a voltage fry. Bios overclocking allows for a much more stable OC, given it does have a little bit of a learning curve. Read up on some forums, and make sure that you are watching your voltage, cpu temps, and ram speeds, as they will cause bsod (blue screen of death). good luck in your attempts! and patience is a virtue!
a b À AMD
a c 295 K Overclocking
September 20, 2011 2:22:10 PM

You guys need read the question again.

There isn't something wrong with the "Auto-overclock" function as you can see those settings works with the CPUs the problem is that usually the setting used for "Auto" overclock are more high than your really need, in the specific case, the voltage for "Auto-overclock" is set to 1.5V while manually you can hit the 3.6GHz at stock and 3.8GHz ~1.325V in CPU.

Do you want get lower temps and use low voltage? Take a look of this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258573-29-black-editi...
!