Help......!!! My PC acting strange......!

young_little_dude

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
:hello: Hey all....!

I got a problem with my PC....Hope y'all can help me with this problem. :kaola:
I built this PC 6 month ago and yesterday my PC turn off by itself and a few second later its turn back on and then it will turn off and on again by itself.... I don't know whats wrong with it..... Is it maybe the PSU, the CPU or the MOBO.... (or GHOST) lmao.... :D

So please help me......... I really appreciate it for any help or advice....!

Thank You....! :sol:

Here is my PC specification

*Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
*EVGA ATX X58 SLI LE
*Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 12GB SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
*EVGA GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI
*WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
*Sony Optiarc Black 2X BD-ROM SATA
*AZZA Dynamo 650W ATX 12V Ver 2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready

^ Did you change any settings in the BIOS ? And did you install any new software/ hardware recently ?
If you had changed any settings in the BIOS, that is say incompatible, it would cause the PC to reboot as the BIOS tried to reset itself to default settings...It might be even because of some hardware/ software error...

young_little_dude

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

I didn't install any new hardware or software......
And even I change the BIOS settings, I already reset it..... So, I'm pretty sure is not about the BIOS or the software.
I think the problem is on the hardware. But I'm not sure what it is.....

Very little information about the turning on and off of the system.
Anyways do you manage to reach the GUI after a boot or does it reboot before that? if it doesn't reach the GUI.... try a safe mode boot maybe the drivers got corrupt for the display... try to uninstall the thing if it doesn't work change the slot of the display adapter and try again.
If it doesn't reach anywhere near the GUI then most probably the processor is overheating try to touch the heat sinks and find out.... it'll be hot .... but it shouldn't be toooooo hot.....
Check if all the fans are working on boot up.... inclusive of the PSU fan, the processor fan and the display adapters fan.....

young_little_dude

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
It's not even reach the GUI and I check all the fans and the hard drives it's all working properly. I check the CPU also and it didn't even hot or warm.
I did unplug everything and put it back, but there is no change..... it's still looping after a few second. I try to put my PSU in other PC and it still working. So I'm not sure which one that cause the problem.
Can you tell me what happen when the PSU is fail?

What happens if you just unplug the power switch leads from the motherboard?

Aneesh@4GHz

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

Take that to a Doctor! Its a Cancer!

Aneesh@4GHz

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Disconect everything from ur mobo evry thing(ram,processor,hdd,psu & every thing) then ,remove cmos battery for 5mins, then again connect it,It will be ok aftr that!

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
In addition:
Dont forget after reconnecting all your components, Reset your mobo to its orig
setting by switching your mobo's jumper reset pin to the reset mode then after a
few seconds plug the pin back to where it was, then start your pc.

-- Though resetting a mobo's setting varies, i suggest read your mobo's
manual on how to reset it back to its original setting before turning it on.