Tags:
  • USB3
  • Motherboards
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
May 1, 2011 5:55:17 PM

Hi.

I have the ASUS P8P67 motherboard and of course have the front usb 3.0 header on it. I'm looking to get one of those trays that go in the front of the computer that have usb 3.0 ports on them, but I haven't seen any that connect to the front usb 3.0 header that's on the motherboard, they all have those stupid wires that have to go to the back of the case and to one of the usb 3.0 ports back there. Does anyone know where I can get on that hooks to the front usb 3.0 header on the mobo?

More about : front usb header mobo front usb trays

May 2, 2011 4:20:26 AM

Sadly, I cannot find any either. Luckily my ASRock extreme4 came with one.
m
l
Related resources
May 3, 2011 6:41:20 AM

bheslar said:
Nope, neither of these use internal headers, just passthroughs. The first one appears to be a powered USB hubs strangely enough...

I can always just order a "pass_thru" type for now and then come out with the front header type I can get one of those ..... or I can just keep reaching around to the back to plug in my external drive. I think I'll temporarily order a type that plugs into the rear.

m
l
May 29, 2011 3:45:06 PM

keto6789 said:
I can always just order a "pass_thru" type for now and then come out with the front header type I can get one of those ..... or I can just keep reaching around to the back to plug in my external drive. I think I'll temporarily order a type that plugs into the rear.

--------------------------
You can get a motherboard header converter at....http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_i...

Some of you guys that have usb3 headers on the right side of motherboard will be ok...

Us guys that invested in the Gig.p67a-ud5 and such boards can use it.

Except..in my case... Gig. in all their reflecting with their braud reflective vision.. decided to put the
two 20 pin headers right below the last pci e slots.

That would be ok...except...I have two graph cds in sli and the bottom slot is taken up by a physx only board..

No room or space to plug the little Lian-Li converter. frustrating, as I have purchased the new front panel USB3 device for my Corsair 800d.
m
l
June 18, 2011 8:24:00 AM

The product that is shown by jockey is already included in the cooler master haf 932 advanced chassis. Being I myself got that and the asus deluxe p8p67 I now have two front panel usb 3.0 #

m
l