Sign in with
Your question

Should I discard my M-Audio & NVIDIA 8500 GT?

Last response: in Components
October 26, 2009 9:03:30 AM

I replaced my my motherboard with intel DG45ID media series, video audio configuration as follows,

# Audio: 8-Channel Intel High Definition Audio (7.1); IDT 92HD73E audio codec chip
# Audio I/O: 5 analog outputs, one optical (toslink) S/PDIF output
# Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD onboard with HDMI and DVI I output

With this configuration do I need to keep my NVIDIA 8500 GT graffic card and M-Audio 2496 audio card?
Do the onboard audio/video of DG45ID is the best replacement of my NVIDIA & M-Audio cards?
Your valuable suggestions appreciated.
October 26, 2009 10:46:32 AM

I would say keep your existing graphics card as it's better than any Intel IGP and you may as well keep the sound card as well if it's easy enough to set up as again this is an improvement over the on-board. Unless you want to give me the M-Audio!
October 26, 2009 11:32:21 AM

do not go with the integrated video dude. it will take some of the ram away from you. plus your 8500GT is 1000 times better then that video chip on that mobo

i don't know about the m-audio sound card or how old your card is but i still say do not use any onboard sound if you already have a expansion sound card.
Related resources
October 26, 2009 2:05:14 PM

mi1ez said:
I would say keep your existing graphics card as it's better than any Intel IGP and you may as well keep the sound card as well if it's easy enough to set up as again this is an improvement over the on-board. Unless you want to give me the M-Audio!

Thanks for the help.

Intel integrated video have HDMI out and it support Full HD 1080p, But my NVIDIA 8500 GT do not have these then how come NVIDIA is superior to intel onboard card.

As per your advise I decided to keep my m-audio card
October 26, 2009 2:07:33 PM

captaincharisma said:
do not go with the integrated video dude. it will take some of the ram away from you. plus your 8500GT is 1000 times better then that video chip on that mobo

i don't know about the m-audio sound card or how old your card is but i still say do not use any onboard sound if you already have a expansion sound card.

Thank you

I have 4 GB RAM and If require i can add another 4 GB as board support it. Can you please elaborate how 8500 GT is superior to intel onboard card?
October 27, 2009 12:44:45 PM

inboard graphics have no ram unless you want it to steal 256-512MB of ram from your main system ram for it to be decent. Intel graphics have never been good for gaming

just because it has a HDMI port doesn't mean the card is better. i have a 10 year ati all in wonder here with RCA audio out jacks and a CATV jack for cable tv so would you think that 10 year old card would be superior to the top cards on the market today because they do not have these features?
October 27, 2009 2:21:29 PM

Thanks a lot mi1ez,captaincharisr based on your valuable advise i decided to retain those cards
November 19, 2010 11:48:53 PM

um can somebody help me at the computer crash.. plz reply to my problem i write it on forums i think....
November 20, 2010 12:17:57 AM

yoj1960 said:
um can somebody help me at the computer crash.. plz reply to my problem i write it on forums i think....

Create your own thread in the proper section, Hijacking someone else's thread is against the Forum Rules.
November 20, 2010 2:21:32 AM

Grafix - I'd side with the 8500GT being in your rig.

Soundcard - The Audiophile 2496 is WAAAAAYYYYY more superior to the onboard soundcard any given day/time.

Though there is ONE small issue. You didn't mention what OS your using ATM, because this does change the scene a bit. I don't recall M-Audio revising their drivers for windows 7 support...although they work ok with XP and with some hickups on Windows Vista.
!