Water Cooling XFX 6970s in Xfirer

laundryman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
I'm looking to add liqued cooling to my two 6970 GPUs. I now have a Antec 960 CPU cooler on a AMD 1100T on a ASUS CrossHair IV MotherBoard.O.C to 3.990,runs nice at about 26c at idl and about 37-45 when gaming.The GPUs on the other hand runing all out at 950 MHz & 1450MHz with power to 15% Fan speed 70% (a little noisie) Temp tops out at about 82-85-87c ,to hot for my likeing.Having enough room inside my case ( CoolerMaster 932 HAF) and outside I just wish to cool these Jems.I was thinking of building a custom loop setup somehow.I would just like the best.Money is no object.But I could use some advise,Thankyou Sorry It's a Antec 920 CPU Cooler

Solution
Give the Sticky a read-through and let us know. I might need to update a couple of things and add more info (which I think I have a few things to add) but for the most part, it's all concept, design and hardware considerations. If you have any questions, let us know. I wrote it, so if you need clarification, we need to know so I can clear up any confusion and specify items that should be better discussed.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Give the Sticky a read-through and let us know. I might need to update a couple of things and add more info (which I think I have a few things to add) but for the most part, it's all concept, design and hardware considerations. If you have any questions, let us know. I wrote it, so if you need clarification, we need to know so I can clear up any confusion and specify items that should be better discussed.

Solution

laundryman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Thankyou I have been reading all of the differnt sights and other reads on the Sticky And WHEN I have any questions you will be the first to know. And again Thankyou. PS. Thairs a lot of stuff out thair to pick from

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
There is a lot of data out there, it's a matter of understanding what all you need to consider when building a loop. Most people think you just buy the first thing you buy that says 'watercooling' or 'liquid' on it and that's good.

It isn't...for either step.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
No problem...good luck.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, but also don't be afraid to learn for yourself...your planning, purchase and building of your loop will be a much more enjoyable process once you understand some fundamental concepts.

laundryman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011

HAY: been reading a lot of stuff on cooling and got some great info. Found this sight Performance pcs out of Fla.looks like thay have the Products that will best suit my GPU cooling needs,kinda like the Danger Dan-Pump bay Reservoirs.Well then thanks Again