Msi p45 platinum forum

I have a P45 system running Windows 7 64 and decided to update to 8gb of memory. I purchased the exact same sticks I had before and put them in. Now when it starts up it shuts down, then restarts, then shutdown. After about the 4th time i get the following message: "Warning!!! The previous performance of overclocking is failed and the system is restored to the defaults setting. Press any key except "DEL" to enter SETUP". I go into setup and choose FAIL SAFE settings or OPTIMIZED settings, then SAVE AND EXIT. The computer shuts down and repeats the whole thing.

But....when I reset the CMOS, using the back button, the computer starts up with a selection to choose SETUP or DEFAULT settings. I choose F2 for default and it starts up fine. The only problem is the next time I start up the whole process repeats.

Q9650 @ 3.0GHz
8gb G-Skill F2-8500 CL5D-4GBKP CL5-5-5-15 2.0-2.1V
EVGA 9800 GTX+

Any suggestions would be cool
4 answers Last reply
More about platinum forum
  1. what PSU do you have?
  2. Its a Thermaltake W0106RU 700W

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817153039

I didn't think about that being the problem.

2 SATA drives, 600gb and 230gb
    2 DVD Drives

Just purchased 2nd GTX+ video card, in the mail.

Really appreciate the help
  3. Did you try manually setting the RAM timings, voltage and speed in the BIOS (by pressing F1 and going into the BIOS)?
  4. outlw6669 said:
    Did you try manually setting the RAM timings, voltage and speed in the BIOS (by pressing F1 and going into the BIOS)?

Yes I did. Tried increasing TRAS, but didn't have any effect.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Motherboards