Sign in with
Your question
Solved

A quick color question

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 8:55:49 PM

Hey all,

I am (still being researched) going to be building a system on water. I have a pretty decent idea of what I want, but was hoping for an answer from someone who may have done this before.

I am going to be building 2 loops (CPU/Board & GPU) and I was thinking that a nice deep red would look nice along with a deep purple loop.

My question. How can I get the deep purple? I am looking for something close to the same color as a black light bulb.
I will have UV lights in the build, and would appreciate any feedback for that color.

I know that using a tube that would give that color is generally a better idea, but I am also going to have a visible resivor.

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

oh, I am planning on 3/8 ID

More about : quick color question

a c 293 K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 9:06:31 PM

itzdanielp said:
Hey all,

I am (still being researched) going to be building a system on water. I have a pretty decent idea of what I want, but was hoping for an answer from someone who may have done this before.

I am going to be building 2 loops (CPU/Board & GPU) and I was thinking that a nice deep red would look nice along with a deep purple loop.

My question. How can I get the deep purple? I am looking for something close to the same color as a black light bulb.
I will have UV lights in the build, and would appreciate any feedback for that color.

I know that using a tube that would give that color is generally a better idea, but I am also going to have a visible resivor.

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

oh, I am planning on 3/8 ID

The mobo won't give you performance advantage using LC but looks good, so, I'd save the money in that part.

The best options is use UV tube, the colors liquid can damage the loop and components of your loop remember add some silver killcoils for keep clean your loop.

It's better if you give us the full components list.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 9:10:05 PM

I appreciate the advice about the LC on the MB.

My question doesn't have anything to do with the specific components being used though, and as I said I am still researching.

My question again is:

What color tubing/additive can I use that will give me a deep purple when lit with UV Cold Cathodes / LED's. I am looking for a color similar to a naked (for lack of better term) Black Light
m
l
Related resources
a c 328 K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 9:16:32 PM

Just get tubing color for what you want. UV tubing reacts much better than any coolant or dye.

Why 2 loops? There isn't a need if you have a decent pump to push through the MB blocks you have.

m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 9:20:16 PM

2 loops so I am not pushing hot water from my GPU's into my CPU or vice versa.

Alright, it sounds like tubing is the way to go, does anyone have any suggestions of a tubing that they have seen / used that will give me the deep purple I am looking for?
m
l

Best solution

a c 293 K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 9:21:27 PM

Check this: http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c99/s171/list/p1/Li...

Plus the dual loop won't give you any performance advantage.
a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 9:23:14 PM

Thank you very much!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 9:23:24 PM

Best answer selected by itzdanielp.
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 10:26:04 PM

FYI...there really isn't any 'hot water' in a watercooling loop...if it is, you have a very poor delta-T and should address it immediately.

After several hours of use (at load), your water should only be lukewarm or slightly warm...I think you have some misunderstandings about the workings and concepts of a watercooling loop.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 10:40:07 PM

I was not suggesting that the water would literally be hot. I was stating that water hitting the CPU after first going through 2 GPU's would be warmer than water hitting the CPU after a radiator.
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
September 6, 2011 11:48:14 PM

Water temps should be within 2-5C anywhere in the loop, regardless what component block it is coming from/going into.
m
l
!