Rotbone

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hello, I recently purchased a PC for my son from Cyberpower. Long story short, I am not sending it back a second time. They are the worst I have every dealt with. My story will be shared on another category.

What I need to do is replace the bad water pump they installed. It stopped working once, sent back. Stopped working again. I want to make sure I am buying the right fit for this system. I want to make sure the pump I buy will handle 1 CPU block and 2 GPU blocks. I am an experienced computer tech, but I have been out of the loop for about 5 years now so I don't know much about the water cooling systems. I have drained the system and I am now ready to replace the junk. Please look at the PC specs and give me your input as to what size pump I need as to the flow rate, head pressure etc. etc.

Thank you

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-990X Extreme Edition 3.46 GHz 12M Intel Smart Cache
LGA1366
CS_FAN: Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum
Silent Operation) [+29] (1,000 RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic
Barometric Bearing 17 dBA)
HDD: 64 GB ADATA S501 V2 SATA III 6.0G/s Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (64GB x 2
(128GB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance)
HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte G1.Guerrilla Intel X58 Chipset
SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 E-ATX w/ 7.1 Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity
Audio, Bigfoot Killer E2100 GbLAN, eSATA, USB3, 2x SATA3 RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 2
OVERCLOCK: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more)
POWERSUPPLY: * 1,200 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
VIDEO: EVGA Liquid Cooling NVIDIA GTX Series PCIe Video (Liquid Cooling NVIDIA
GTX 590 Classified Hydro Copper 3GB 16X GDDR5 VRAM)
VIDEO2: EVGA Liquid Cooling NVIDIA GTX Series PCIe Video (Liquid Cooling NVIDIA
GTX 590 Classified Hydro Copper 3GB 16X GDDR5 VRAM)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Do you know what kind of pump you had, or a link to the loop? Not sure what tubing size you are going to need to work with...I guess it depends on a few things to determine what you need. If you can post a link to the PC and the build...we should be able to get you what you need.

orangejuice789

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Depending on your budget, which seems rather substantial considering those parts... I would go with either the MCP-655 or the MCP-35x.

MCP-35x would be your best bet... slightly lower flowrate than the 655 but better head pressure.

Edit: Whoops, posted this as you were posting Rubix.

Rotbone

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Not sure I am following you rubix. I posted what the PC has in it, minus the DVD, CD HHD info and other specs that have nothing to do with cooling. The computer is a customized system that I modified from a standard sale system.

When Cyberpower sent me the system they failed to send any info on the cooling system. This is what their site advertises and this is what I was suppose to get. CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 360MM w/ Triple Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 18dBA) Here is a link from their site. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/spec/getspec.aspx?n=FAN&v=CyberPower%20Xtreme%20Hydro%20Liquid%20Cooling%20Kit%20360MM%20w%2F%20Triple%20Fan%28CPU%20%26%20GPU%20Liquid%20Cool%20Capable%2C%20Extreme%20Overclocking%20Performance%20%2B%20Extreme%20Silent%20at%2018dBA%29

There isn't a way that I saw to look at the manufacture info like they stated.

One problem that I pointed out to them when I sent it back the first time. Was that the cooling system says ( w/ triple fan ) It only has two and I told them NOT to send it back without 3. I still have only 2.
I have already removed the pump/combo reservoir. It LOOKS exactly like this one here. http://www.xoxide.com/x2o-750dualbres.html

I'm not to worried about hose size. I will just replace them if need be.

Rotbone

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I need to correct what I said about the xoxide.com x20-750. Looking at mine. Mine is NOT exactly like the x20. The x20 has only 1 outlet. Mine has 2. How would the x20 work? The pump/reservoir needs a inlet and a outlet, right?

orangejuice789

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
It looks the same, and the X20 does have 2 outlets, just difficult to see from that picture... I am surprised they would have an X20 with SLI cards that run very hot and an OC'ed CPU... A good solution if you want something in a similar Dual-Bay reservoir combo would be...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13884/ex-res-300/XSPC_Dual_525_Bay_Reservoir_-_w_Alphacool_VPP655_Variable_Speed_Pump_Installed.html?tl=g30c107s152

or

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3542
and
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=29201

Rotbone

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
That is my main concern. I think that system they installed can't handle the setup. When I first got the PC. My son, just like his dad. He played allot of his games. That lasted about 4-5 days. The system started shutting down. I opened it up. Saw the pump was no longer running. The video cards were peeling from the sides (running hot) and you could hear the water boiling at the CPU. I made them replace the video cards or so I think they did what I asked. I don't see the sides peeling off. Glue can fix that. We got the PC back after sending it from VA to CA in about 2 weeks. It lasted 2 days and the pump stopped again. I think it just cant handle the setup and they won't admit it or to stupid to know.

I went with the MCP35x w/ the 5.25 reservoir. Along with some better tubing, hose clamps so I can throw out the zip ties. Thank you both for all your help.!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What I was asking was some references to the PC you bought to see if I could tell what cooling loop was installed. For the most part, hardware isn't really relevant unless its actually being watercooled (typically when listed as part of a watercooling loop).

It looks like they were trying to run a CPU and SLI cards on a single 360? Not a good idea with that setup, but would be mediocre...maybe a little better than air, though.

MCP35x is a very good choice.

Rotbone

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Will this MCP35x do the job in cooling all 3 in one loop? I think I saw in the reading they claim it will. I know it would be much better to install a dual reservoir and another pump and create 2 loops. One for the CPU and one for the GPU's. If this pump will push the water like they claim I hope it will work. They don't really specify what size GPU's and a CPU it will handle in one loop.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
MCP35x is one of the best pumps under $150 you can buy. It's powerful, has very good flow and has great head pressure for loop restriction.

I use a MCP655 for a CPU and 2 GPUs and it runs great...the MCP35x is considered a better pump.

You'd get better temps on a single, serial loop vs. a dual loop if you were to run the same components. The reason being, all components have the ability to be cooled by all radiators in the loop, not only the ones in their own loop. Dual loops really isn't necessary unless you are running an insane delta or need to separate out a very large loop with dual CPUs, multiple GPUs and perhaps a NB block or something similar....or just like spending extra money.