Sign in with
Your question

What motherboard should I get?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 21, 2010 7:11:46 PM

Hi
I am looking to upgrade my PC in the next couple of months. I was going to get an Intel i7 920 processor a new motherboard and DDR3 memory.

I am not sure about what motherboard I should get. I want one that has the latest technology in it such as SATA 3 and USB3.

I was thinking about an ASUS or Gigabyte one. Is the Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME good or are there better ones out there for the money?

I would also like it to be fast at getting past the POST screen as I have an ABIT IB9 right now and it seems to take a long time before it actually begins booting Windows.

Also what RAM would be good to go with the motherboard that you recommend?

Thanks very much

More about : motherboard

January 21, 2010 7:44:55 PM

Thanks for the reply. Does that motherboard have usb3? I can't see it listed in specifications
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2010 7:56:03 PM

srose said:
Thanks for the reply. Does that motherboard have usb3? I can't see it listed in specifications

That's a good mobo, but I don't think it has USB 3.0. You'd probably like this one a lot better:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You can find other boards with USB 3.0 and SATA3 for about $50 cheaper, but they're all socket 1156, not 1366. Personally, for that price difference, I'd rather have the 1366 because it's the one that's going to be supported for the next few years into the future.
!