GA-EP45-UD3P Sound stutter solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

reallifer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Intermittently, for the past 8 months, I have been trying to solve a sound stutter/computer pause problem that would occur randomly when taxing the system. Setting WOW graphics to Ultra would set it off more often but it even occurred occasionaly while watching youtube. After searching google, downloading current drivers, over and over again, tweeking bios settings, and cursing Vista I have finally resolved the problem. So for you who are still struggling with the problem, this is the solution.

Do not use the 2 purple gigabyte sata ports. Plug all your sata drives into the other six standard sata ports, and disable the gigabyte sata ports in the bios.

Now my EMU 1212M PCI sound card works perfectly with no stutters or computer pauses and WOW works perfectly with all the video effects maxed out. I also have the Realtek Azalia audio enable but I don't use it.

Finally, the machine is stable. :)

mjjsciz

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

I know that this thread is outdated but I am having the same problems but currently at work and unable to try a fix.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3589#ov

This is the motherboard I have.

While playing wow I received a sound loop and the game computer freezes for about a second three times in a row. It will periodically do this randomly.

I have posted on here before, ran memory tests, reformatted, checked temperatures, checked hard disks and everything has been fine, so I just kind of dealt with it.

My question is, with this motherboard, which SATA ports should I have them plugged in to. Also, by plugging them into different SATA ports and disabling the other ones in the bios, what does this do exactly? Please help, this is an ongoing problem for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.