daffas

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
I have a Nvidia 9500 GT 1GB graphics card, and for some reason I have all the settings maxed on a game for example exsteel. And I keep seeing things popping up that should already have been there. I also have to get fairly close to it also before it pops up. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

thank you

win7man

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
well its kinda hard to understand what ur saying, but i dont think its with ur graphics card, at-least not the hardware, for starters try updating ur nvidia driver, and second, can u list ur specs? like i said, it might be software but software is limited to what hardware can do, if ur comp is not good enough then it might suffer from problems, such as showing a window multiple times when u move it, or so i would think

win7man

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
well ya, its not the best GPU for gaming, maybe was back in 2007 when really heavy duty graphics cards weren't out or to expensive, but they r now and games take advantage of that extra power, though he would likely just get low frame rates, were if something else is up,a nd hes getting decent frame rates, then i think its not cuz its carpy

I have one in a rig with a Q9550 and believe me it's really rubbish for gaming, good for 1080 playback but not gaming.

Snowbum

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
@ Win7Man 95OOgt was never the best for gaming, as it wasnt intended for heavy gaming.

Definitely try updating your drivers and patching the game. It also wouldnt hurt anything to push the clocks alittle on that gpu.

G

Sounds like a drawing distance problem, the draw distance is how close you have to get to an object before the game engine renders it - try adjusting the draw distance in the game graphics setup.

It could also be the game engine is dynamicaly reducing the draw distance to maintain frame rate because it cannot manage a decent framerate with all the settings maxed outon a 9500GT. Try reducing the graphics detail / filtering / anti-aliasing and see what happens...

Stuart

The first bit of your post is the better suggestion, no driver is ever going to make it faster.

jimmy 5-0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
i have a asus m2n68-LA mobo and recently installed 9500 gt graphics card. after installing drivers and rebootin about half way through windows start up i get blue screen error, wondering about suggestions on how to resolve issue. thanx. ps O S is win. vista 32 bit

daffas

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for the replies. My specs are:

AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core 2.7
4 GB ram, but am running xp so it shows that i am running 3.5 gb ram. But I think it is only 2 for xp correct?
9500 GT 1GB

I have my graphics card updated to the most recent version.

win7man

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

well, its not XP that gives u that limit, but 32 bit windows, u would need to have 64 bit for more than 4 GB of ram (though 3.5 is all that's used) and from what i no, XP in 64 bit is really crappy, were vista (SP1 and up anyways) is better with 64 bit, and im sure windows 7 is better for both

Jimmy, you will likely not get useful answers until you start your own thread.

The 64bit Windows RC seems to run everything I have smoothly, and works with all of my hardware.

Daffas, stuart probably gave the best answer, concerning drawing distance. A close second should go megamanx00 for his suggestion involving a hammer...
Seriously, upgrading the card will make the most difference. Your CPU isn't exactly a powerhouse, so it would bottleneck a really high-end card. Without knowing any of your other specs, an ATI HD4670 does not need additional power, and should not be bottlenecked by your CPU. We'll need to know the brand and model of PSU you have to let you know how powerful a card you can run.

jimmy 5-0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
thats very nice and dandy but b4 i start worrying about graphics i need win vista to be able to start up when i install graphics drivers. the problem i am having might b mo bo issue, and since i really have no idea bout comps, i was hoping that someone might be able to help. now, after i go to offical nvidia website, download driver, install it, and reboot, i get blue screen error during start up. dnt no if its a flaw in graphics card, driver issue, or mobo issue, or random issue, but either way plz feel free to coment about possible solutions. thank you.

jimmy 5-0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
idk wat a psu even is. tell what the parts are so i can tell u wat they r plz drone. thx
for starters i have a amd athalon x64 6000+ 3.00 gh processor. asus m2n68-LA mobo
450 watt power supply. 6 gigs ram. and a diamond 5.1 sound card.

cybot_x1024

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
get a better card. 9500gt is not a gaming card. Even the 1gb does not help the crippled gpu much.
With a 9800GT or a 4770 you would not experience such display issues.

win7man

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
9800 gt isn't much a a gaming Graphics card unless ur using a real low ress and dont intened on crisis all that much (though it would play warhead im sure) , but 2 of them in sli would be good and probably one of the cheapest ways to go to get good performance

Snowbum

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
^Is not much of a gaming card? What is this real low res aboot? A single 9800/8800gt will hardly drop in fps up to 1920x1200 as long as AA is turned off. Then you suggest SLI for someone with a 420w generic psu.... maybe you should do alittle more research before giving advice.

Daffas, turn your game settings WAY down. If you're not happy with the graphics, then upgrade the card.

win7man

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
well, im sure a 9800 will cope with 1920x1200 how ever, it sure wont get that in crysis and any demanding game, at least not with the settings on high