Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

(Sims2) Headmaster issue (incredibly long story)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:53:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Aaaah! Aaaahhh! What's wrong with this guy!?

I decided to try the legacy family idea, albeit without removing my
behaviour hacks (I'm sorry, kiddies, but bills are still being paid in
one smooth motion, and well, I LIKE my no free lunch hack). Other
hacks I can ignore, and I *suppose* I can do without motherlode. OH MY
DEAR GOD WHAT AM I SAYING?

Anyway, I started up Simone Le Gassey (and yes, she's flatulent), a
fortune sim and moved her onto a massive lot in a new neighbourhood,
with barely enough money left for the essentials. Even though her
lifetime want was to become a tycoon, a business job never came up in
the paper, and it was looking a little desperate so she took a job as a
security guard. Despite being a lazy bugger who never wanted to
exercise (even though she really did want the body skill points, she
always would pout at me whenever I told her to work out), she moved
quickly up the ranks, and then, she met Kennedy Cox. Love quickly
bloomed between Simone and that pointy nosed bugger, and I'll be if she
didn't marry him.

Who woulda known that Kennedy was an astronaut, and a fortune sim?
Strangely though, none of his wants ever reflected his job situation.
Every other fortune sim I've ever had has been obsessed with gaining
the appropriate skills to get a promotion, Simone included, but
Kennedy? Oh, no, he wanted to EAT SPAGHETTI.

I quickly locked in Simone's sudden baby want, and soon she was
waddling well around the house (I'd finally managed to put some walls
up courtesy of Kennedy's windfall). Baby Adrian was born without too
much difficulty, although we were again at a stretch to buy a cot. The
Le Gasseys were living from paycheck to paycheck. I was faced with a
shock when Adrian became a toddler during a rather lacklustre birthday
party (I hate pranksters pranking random people they've never met
before), as he grew up into a pointy eared boy! My first Vulcan in I
don't know how long. Kennedy was asking Simone some hard questions,
let me tell you.

Adrian then became the most idiotic toddler I've ever seen. I've never
seen a learning bar go backwards before this kid. Teaching the kid to
walk took two whole days. When he became a child, I realised I was
going to have to remodel the house so he could have a bedroom. I wiped
out the entire house, and with the money that had been saved
(especially when Kennedy finally made General, phew!) built a beautiful
new house, and instead of raving about all the fabulous stuff I'd been
able to buy for them, they sooked about the loss of the garden gnome!
Ungrateful sods.

Kennedy and Simone both wanted Adrian to get into private school, so on
Kennedy's day off, he studied up on his cooking skills while Adrian was
at school and Simone at work and invited Headmaster Vince over. Simone
arrived home in practically the same state she left in (gee, being
platinum when one goes to work really helps keep one's needs up).

When Vince arrived, Kennedy went to work cooking up some pork chops and
Simone gave the headmaster the grand tour. He loved the new place,
cheering most emphatically at every room, and then, while Simone was
showing him the backyard, which at this point consisted of a telescope
and a swing set, Kennedy set the kitchen on fire. Simone raced Vince
upstairs to show him the study she'd set up while Kennedy panicked and
waited for the fire department to arrive. By the time the fire was
out, and Kennedy was back at work cooking the slightly safer
hamburgers, Vince decided that he loved the house, so Simone started to
try to schmooze up to him.

At this point it started to resemble a case of Sim Chasie as Simone
would walk up to Vince, who would walk to the other side of the room.
Backwards and forwards it went, with Simone unable to interact with
Vince at all. Kennedy called Vince for dinner, who came back down the
stairs, sat down, and stood back up again, wandering around. So
Kennedy with his mass Charisma skill tried to chat to Vince, only to
find himself playing Chasie as well. Adrian (the poor twit) also tried
to engage the headmaster in some sort of conversation, only to get
absolutely no reaction.

There were still 2 sim hours left in the scenario so I decided to quit
and go back in, only to remember that I hadn't saved the house since
demolishing the old one. Unfortunately, instead of hitting 'Cancel'
when the game asked if I wanted to save before going back to the
neighbourhood, I said 'No'. Aaaah! Aaah! All that work on teaching
Adrian gone! Gone! He was still a dumb toddler. That beautiful house
gone!

What is the deal with that awful headmaster? Why? Why? Why did he
have to go all weird just as everything was going so well? THEY WERE
OVER HALFWAY TO BEING ACCEPTED. Maybe he just realised in conversation
how much of a dill Adrian was but didn't want to just come out and say
it until the end of the scenario.

Bah.

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:18:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120028001.634146.95050@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> Anyway, I started up Simone Le Gassey (and yes, she's flatulent), a
> fortune sim and moved her onto a massive lot in a new neighbourhood,
> with barely enough money left for the essentials. Even though her
> lifetime want was to become a tycoon, a business job never came up in
> the paper, and it was looking a little desperate so she took a job as a
> security guard. Despite being a lazy bugger who never wanted to
> exercise (even though she really did want the body skill points, she
> always would pout at me whenever I told her to work out), she moved
> quickly up the ranks, and then, she met Kennedy Cox. Love quickly
> bloomed between Simone and that pointy nosed bugger, and I'll be if she
> didn't marry him.
>

Yes, what is it with that guy? He turned Amelia Vaughan's head and gave her
a baby right under Mercer's nose. She thinks he's wonderful - she met him
in the supermarket and had a crush before she got the groceries home. In a
competition for the world's most ugly sim, he'd be a contender. And his
clothes! Still, his nose got shortened a bit after Mercer found him in bed
with his wife.

> Who woulda known that Kennedy was an astronaut, and a fortune sim?
> Strangely though, none of his wants ever reflected his job situation.
> Every other fortune sim I've ever had has been obsessed with gaining
> the appropriate skills to get a promotion, Simone included, but
> Kennedy? Oh, no, he wanted to EAT SPAGHETTI.

Well, well, well - perhaps Amelia should get a divorce. Mercer, Romance sim
and scummy hypocrite, is the town - well whatever the male equivalent of
'bike' is. He's just notched up his 10th public woohoo (all with different
women) and is well on the way to achieving his lifetime want of woohoo-ing
20 sims. I think I'm going to stop him at 19. Amelia hates him and is only
staying with him so she can fulfil her lifetime want of reaching her golden
anniversary. Their picture, when you enter the lot, has them back to back
and scowling.

>
> I quickly locked in Simone's sudden baby want, and soon she was
> waddling well around the house (I'd finally managed to put some walls
> up courtesy of Kennedy's windfall). Baby Adrian was born without too
> much difficulty, although we were again at a stretch to buy a cot. The
> Le Gasseys were living from paycheck to paycheck. I was faced with a
> shock when Adrian became a toddler during a rather lacklustre birthday
> party (I hate pranksters pranking random people they've never met
> before), as he grew up into a pointy eared boy! My first Vulcan in I
> don't know how long. Kennedy was asking Simone some hard questions,
> let me tell you.

You need the anti-prank hack at Various Simmers:

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php

> Adrian then became the most idiotic toddler I've ever seen. I've never
> seen a learning bar go backwards before this kid. Teaching the kid to
> walk took two whole days. When he became a child, I realised I was
> going to have to remodel the house so he could have a bedroom. I wiped
> out the entire house, and with the money that had been saved
> (especially when Kennedy finally made General, phew!) built a beautiful
> new house, and instead of raving about all the fabulous stuff I'd been
> able to buy for them, they sooked about the loss of the garden gnome!
> Ungrateful sods.

Uh - I know, take something away and they wail and weep and gnash their
teeth forever - get over it! Someone dies, and they forget about it half
and hour later. Your kid sounds great, sims are thick but he takes the
biscuit. Role-play him for all he's worth.

>
> Kennedy and Simone both wanted Adrian to get into private school, so on
> Kennedy's day off, he studied up on his cooking skills while Adrian was
> at school and Simone at work and invited Headmaster Vince over. Simone
> arrived home in practically the same state she left in (gee, being
> platinum when one goes to work really helps keep one's needs up).
>
> When Vince arrived, Kennedy went to work cooking up some pork chops and
> Simone gave the headmaster the grand tour. He loved the new place,
> cheering most emphatically at every room, and then, while Simone was
> showing him the backyard, which at this point consisted of a telescope
> and a swing set, Kennedy set the kitchen on fire. Simone raced Vince
> upstairs to show him the study she'd set up while Kennedy panicked and
> waited for the fire department to arrive. By the time the fire was
> out, and Kennedy was back at work cooking the slightly safer
> hamburgers, Vince decided that he loved the house, so Simone started to
> try to schmooze up to him.
>
> At this point it started to resemble a case of Sim Chasie as Simone
> would walk up to Vince, who would walk to the other side of the room.
> Backwards and forwards it went, with Simone unable to interact with
> Vince at all. Kennedy called Vince for dinner, who came back down the
> stairs, sat down, and stood back up again, wandering around. So
> Kennedy with his mass Charisma skill tried to chat to Vince, only to
> find himself playing Chasie as well. Adrian (the poor twit) also tried
> to engage the headmaster in some sort of conversation, only to get
> absolutely no reaction.
>
> There were still 2 sim hours left in the scenario so I decided to quit
> and go back in, only to remember that I hadn't saved the house since
> demolishing the old one. Unfortunately, instead of hitting 'Cancel'
> when the game asked if I wanted to save before going back to the
> neighbourhood, I said 'No'. Aaaah! Aaah! All that work on teaching
> Adrian gone! Gone! He was still a dumb toddler. That beautiful house
> gone!
>
> What is the deal with that awful headmaster? Why? Why? Why did he
> have to go all weird just as everything was going so well? THEY WERE
> OVER HALFWAY TO BEING ACCEPTED. Maybe he just realised in conversation
> how much of a dill Adrian was but didn't want to just come out and say
> it until the end of the scenario.
>
Bummer. The headmaster scenario is buggy. If you don't want to use a hack,
the moral of this story is, save before you start and be prepared to do it
several times until it works properly.

Best wishes
Maxon
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:41:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Maxon wrote:
> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1120028001.634146.95050@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> Mercer, Romance sim
> and scummy hypocrite, is the town - well whatever the male equivalent of
> 'bike' is.

He's the town's manual transmission. Everyone drives his stick.


> > Adrian then became the most idiotic toddler I've ever seen. I've never
> > seen a learning bar go backwards before this kid. Teaching the kid to
> > walk took two whole days. When he became a child, I realised I was
> > going to have to remodel the house so he could have a bedroom. I wiped
> > out the entire house, and with the money that had been saved
> > (especially when Kennedy finally made General, phew!) built a beautiful
> > new house, and instead of raving about all the fabulous stuff I'd been
> > able to buy for them, they sooked about the loss of the garden gnome!
> > Ungrateful sods.
>
> Uh - I know, take something away and they wail and weep and gnash their
> teeth forever - get over it! Someone dies, and they forget about it half
> and hour later. Your kid sounds great, sims are thick but he takes the
> biscuit. Role-play him for all he's worth.

I recently replaced a family's broken floor plasma television with the
wall plasma television, a 5k simoleon upgrade, and they all mourned the
loss of the old one.

Just one note about training toddlers, if either the toddler or the
teacher has a needs failure, (excepting the toddler really having to go
during toilet training) the toddler won't learn. That's been my best
guess based on my experience.

Your experiences sound typically exasperating. I had one romance guy
who was an easy 10500 aspiration point a day guy because of his extreme
willingness to get it on with different women, until he started
approaching his birthday to elderhood (which I wanted to avoid) at
which point he decided that he really wanted to dance with each of his
lovers. When he fulfilled one of his dance wants, he'd get another,
with a different woman. Consequently, getting the required 3000-odd
aspiration points from that so he could use his elixir of life was a
real pain in the ass.

C
!