Generally I dont reply on threads where the OP expects me to click a whole lot of links , but the idea that you can build a $250 computer made me want to know ...

and what I know now is that the $250 computer wont run

I'd tell you why , but I cant be bothered . All the link clicking tired me out

Too bad you didn't get the shell shocker yesterday. A cheap rosewill case for $23 with shipping. Anyway, I guess the system would be O.k, but I would spend $10 more to get the ASRock A780LM motherboard. As jbakerlent suggests you could also just go with a cheap barebones. You can also go the the compusa website and sign up for whenever your local Compusa store has a special on a set like that. Of course they don't always sell you boards that support the CPUs without a BIOS update :D.

roots88

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
o Wow you called me a retard, maybe i have all the other components. so you should learn to use your damn commonsense peanutpc.

anyways yeah i was lazy to copy and paste all teh stuff i need.

i already have keyboard,mouse,monitor,hard drive, and cd rom so lemme kno what you guys think

mdale13

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

peanutpc (though perhaps not phrased effectively) had a valid observation. as a general rule of thumb on this board, i think people tend to lean on the side of thinking that threads like this, made by people who are "too lazy to copy and paste" (yet believe ask for the help of others), are usually made by someone who has very little appreciation for the help they are given. which you have displayed. therefore garner very little respect from the fellow board members. in and online community you only get what you give.